Re: Chapter 12 of the Egyptian Escapade

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by The Man with the Hat from port104.maxc02.bignet.net on June 23, 1999 at 18:43:11:

In Reply to: Re: Chapter 11 of the Egyptian Escapade posted by The Man with the Hat on June 23, 1999 at 14:34:10:

: : Chapter 10
: : Indy and Elsie stared at the object with awe. Finally, Indy grabbed the disc and felt the floor shake.
: : “Booby trap!” as they ran to the rope and climbed up on it. They barely made it when the temple closed up. Indy collapsed into the sand and said,
: : “We made it!”
: : Indy didn’t hear Elsie respond back and turned around. A man held Elsie tight with a knife at her throat. Indy made a motion for his gun as he heard,
: : “Now, Dr. Jones, no foolishness,” as another man stepped out in front of him.
: : “You!” recognizing the man from the warehouse.
: : “Drop the gun, Dr. Jones or the girl dies.”
: : Indy dropped the gun as the man looked at him and said, “I knew you would find it, Dr. Jones.”
: : “Who are you?”
: : “This woman,” gesturing at Elsie, “knows.”
: : Elsie looked at the man and said, “It couldn’t be…”
: : “Elsie, who is he?” Indy asked.
: : Before Elsie replied, the man said, “Omar Kazim. High Priest of Ahknaton.”
: : Indy was dumbfounded as Omar said to his men, “Take them back to Cairo. We’re going to have the sacrifice…using them.”

: : Kate, Eric, and Michael were sitting in their locked room. Michael looked at her and asked, “Are we going to get out of here?”
: : “Your father will be here.”
: : “Why can’t we do something?” Eric asked.
: : Kate shook her head and said, “I can’t move.”
: : “Mom, what happened?” Eric asked.
: : “Did they hurt you?” Michael asked.
: : “Yes, they did,” looking at her sons with tears in her eyes, “in a bad way.”
: : Just then the door unlocked and opened as the boys stood in from of their mother, Kate looked up at the guard and said, “Leave us alone,” looking at the ground.
: : The guard pushed two people in and locked the door. The boys looked away from their mother at the new people and said, “Dad!”
: : The boys ran to him as Indy got a hug from them both and he asked them, “Are you ok?”
: : “We’re fine,” they said.
: : “Where is your –“ and then saw her. He almost didn’t recognize her, “Kate?”
: : The woman looked up at him and Indy gasped. Her face was swollen, her lips spilt and blood and dirt on her face. He ran to her, held her as she winced and he asked, “What happened?”
: : “He hit me several times when I wouldn’t tell him about Lauren,” as she looked at him, “Is she…”
: : “She’s back at Sallah’s,” as he touched her face and Kate winced. Indy looked at her and said, “Are you alright?”
: : Kate nodded as her eyes filled with tears as Indy sensed she was hiding something, “Kate, are you sure…” as she stared at him and he realized, “He touched you?”
: : Kate nodded slowly and started crying openingly. Indy clenched his fists tight and said, “Dammit, he raped you,” then looked at Elsie and said,
: : “Ok, talk. Who is Omar?”
: : “One of the most powerful people in Egypt,” she said as she knelt down on the floor, “And my half-brother.”

: Chapter 11

: "What does Omar want with the disc?" Indy asked.
: "Omar believes," she began,"that the disc was the source of Ahknaton's power. Because of the disc, the people feared him, and he became a powerful leader."
: "The power of gold," Indy stated.
: "No. It was more than that. It is stated that whoever is in possession of the disc has the power to rule the world!"

: Indy looked around the room for a means of escape.
: Nearly twenty feet above the captive's heads was a window, but without the benefit of his whip, Indy knew that it was pointless. The door was locked from the outside, and the walls were far to thick to bust out.
: Of course, even if he wanted to escape, he couldn't at the moment. They had taken Elsie to "ask a few questions", and a couple minutes later, Indy had heard her scream in agony.
: Now, he heard the rattle of the key in the lock. The door opened and Elsie was shoved inside, where she fell weakly to the floor.
: "Are you alright," Indy asked as he knelt beside her. He could see the tears in her blouse and the red welts underneath.
: "I've been better."
: "My whip?" Indy asked, already knowing the answer.
: "The bastards!"
: "they said your turn is near."
: Suddenly, a reflection caught Indy's eye. He picked an object from the straw-covered floor, and held it in front of Elsie.
: "What's this?" he asked.
: "I picked it up in the temple," she said. "A souvenier."
: Indy examined it from every angle. Suddenly, it began to glow in Indy's hand. Indy dropped it as a bright beam of light and heat burst from it, burning a small small pinhole in the wall.
: "What was that?" Elsie asked.
: "Odd," Indy said. "I don't know how it works, but obviously, it magnifies the power of the sun."
: Indy stood, holding the object directly under the window. Again, it glowed in his hands, but this time it was no surprise. Indy held it fast.
: "What are you doing? Elsie asked, as the beam punched its way through the door and the lock outside.
: "Getting us out of here," Indy said. "All of us!"

Chapter 12

Indy took of his shirt and wrapped it around his hand; even then, the door was hot to the touch! He pushed the door open. Indy looked around, and satisfied that there was no guard, led Kate out by the hand, followed by Elsie, holding Eric in one arm and Michael in the other.
Indy tried the door to the outside and it swung open freely. They walked outside and saw that the men had left Indy's and Elsie's horses.
Indy sat on one horse with Kate behind him, holding Michael, while Elsie rode the other holding Eric.
Suddenly, Indy got down from his horse.
"Indy?" Kate said.
"Don't worry," Indy said. "I've got to find out where Omar is going with the disc."
"Indy," Kate said, as tears welled in her eyes. "You're going to get yourself killed."
"Maybe," Indy said." But not today. This isn't about fortune and glory, this time. It's about doing what's right."
And with that, Indy turned and walked into the warehouse.

Indy shuffled through papers on long table near the room where they had been held. Mostly, they were shipping orders and tranfer sheets from the time when the building was an actual working warehouse. They had nothing to do with Omar and his plans.
Then, he saw the paper lying on the floor.
He bent over to pick it up.
Then, he saw the bomb attached to the bottom of the table. The counter had fifteen seconds left!
Indy grabbed the paper from the floor and sprinted for the door.
"Kate! Elsie! Go!" he yelled as he cleared the warehouse door.
The two women kicked the horses in thier sides as a loud explosion rocked the air, and Indy was thrown to the ground.
Indy got up and rubbed his posterior, then pulled the sun amplification device, which he had landed on, from his back pocket.
"Ouch!" Indy said.
He opened the piece of paper crumpled in his hand and looked at it for the first time.
"Train schedule," Indy said to himself. "Omar's leaving Cairo."

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]