Re: Chapter 16 of the Egyptian Escapade

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Goodsport from 216.32.185.198 on June 24, 1999 at 15:13:54:

In Reply to: Re: Chapter 15 of the Egyptian Escapade posted by The Man with the Hat on June 24, 1999 at 13:44:51:

: Chapter 15

: Indy, Kate, and Elsie buried thier faces in newspapers as Omar and his goon, Mohan, walked by. As Omar went out the door to another compartment, Indy rose from his seat.
: "Where are you going?" Kate asked.
: "To follow Omar," Indy said. "I've got to find out where he's hidden the disc."
: Kate said,"Then I'm coming with you!"
: "No," Indy said. "This is kid's play. I'll be right back."
: And with that, Indy walked down the aisle and out the door.

: Omar stood at the rail on the back of the train, watching the rising sun.
: he thought.
: Mohan burst thriugh the door.
: "It is confirmed, Your Most High," Mohan said. Indiana Jones is onboard."
: "Time for a new plan," Omar said.
: "Yes, Your Most High!"

: Indiana Jones had been through three cars as hadn't spotted Omar or Mohan yet. Now, he was walking through the baggage car. He opened the door to exit, when a thought struck him.
:
: He looked at the tags on all the cases, and soon found a satchel with Omar's name on the tag. He ripped it open and what he found made him smile.
: "Well, no disc," he said, as he pulled his whip from the bag.

: Indy opened the door to the baggage car and saw Mohan coming right for him. He shut the door quickly and hid behind a large trunk. As an afterthought, Indy reaced up and pulled Omar's opened bag behind with him.
: Mohan walked straight through without looking at all.
: Indy stood and walked out.

: Kate was worried. Elsie sat across the aisle, telling her to not worry. It wasn't helping!
: Kate thought.
: Suddenly, a man sat down in Indy's seat.
: "Hello, Mrs. Jones. Please come with me," Mohan said. "And do not forget that there is a gun at your side."

Chapter 16

Kate gasped, "You!"
"Please Mrs. Jones," answered Mohan, somewhat irritated, "Just come with me quietly."
Kate began moving her hand slowly to her purse.
"I wouldn't do that!," Mohan commented as he quickly snatched Kate's purse and removed her pistol, examining it discreetly. "Where is your pistol?"
Kate was flabbergasted. "I... I threw it off the train!", she lied.
Mohan sighed in unbelief. "No matter. Come along!"
He siezed her arm and shoved her to her feet.

As the two exited the compartment side-by-side, Elsie glanced up from her notes. For a brief second Elsie's eyes met Kates, and knew immediately what was happening.
Elsie carefully slid Kate's pistol into her hand, and stuck her head out her compartment door just enough to see Kate's captor closing the door to the rear of the train car behind them.
Taking a deep breath, Elsie stood up. Keeping the semi-automatic pistol in her hand between her purse and her hip, she headed for the rear train car door.

Indiana couldn't stop grinning as he held his whip coiled tightly in his hand, low enough to keep it out of sight of the other passengers.
I feel naked without you, my old friend, Indy thought as he headed to the front door of the train car.

Mahon and Kate stepped through the door, but stopped in their tracks.
Indy did likewise.
Time stood still as both parties faced each other.
Kate screamed, "INDY, HE'S GOT A..."
"Kate!!!", shrieked a voice from behind Mahon.
All eyes turned to see Elsie lifting her gun.
Panicked, Mahon quickly lifted his gun.

BANG!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: