Re: Chapter 16 of the Egyptian Escapade (revised version!)

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by The Man with the Hat from port84.maxc02.bignet.net on June 24, 1999 at 16:24:42:

In Reply to: Re: Chapter 16 of the Egyptian Escapade posted by The Man with the Hat on June 24, 1999 at 15:46:28:

: : : Chapter 14
: : : They sat in the compartment as Kate asked,
: : : “Well, Indy, where’s is he going?”
: : : Before Indy could answer, Elsie said, “El-Minya.”
: : : “How do you know?” Kate asked.
: : : “I am the expert of Akhanton,” Elsie said, “El-Minya is the site of where Akhanton built the temple of Aton, the sun god, when he moved the capital from Thebes. He created a new city, Tall al’ Amarinah, to honor this god. After the Akhanton died, the religion died with him.”
: : : Kate looked at her with astonishment as Elsie said, “Didn’t you study the material on Egyptology in college?”
: : : Kate was ready to reply as Indy waved his hand and asked, “Omar plans to revive the Aton religion?”
: : : Elsie nodded, “He plans to go to the temple, have a ceremony to retrieve the power of the disk in his body and overthrow the government.”
: : : “We’ve just have to get to the temple first,” Indy said and looked at Kate, “Do you have anything on you?”
: : : Kate pulled out a gun from her purse and said, “I gave Elsie my pistol.”
: : : “Where did you get that?” Elsie asked.
: : : “I have my ways,” Kate shrugged as she put the gun back in her purse.
: : : Elsie shook her head and Indy smiled a bit. He laid back and said,
: : : “You don’t know who we really are, Elsie.”
: : : “Sure I do,” as she pointed at him, “You’re Indiana Jones, famous archeologist and she’s your wife.”
: : : Kate laughed and said, “Well, one out of two is not that bad.”
: : : “Sorry?” Elsie asked.
: : : “Let’s just say,” looking at Indy, “I have my ways to get anything I want, sometimes when I don’t want it.”
: : : Indy grinned at her as Elsie was clearly confused as they planned out what to do at the temple.

: : : Omar sat in his compartment, looking at the disc. He was patiently waiting to arrive in El-Minya when one of his men came in and said,
: : : “Sir, Dr. Jones and the captives have escaped.”
: : : “They couldn’t have, Mohan.”
: : : “Someone saw Jones at his friend’s house just an hour earlier.”
: : : “He couldn’t have caught the train,” as he settled in his seat, “Come on, fortune and glory awaits us!”

: : Chapter 15

: : Indy, Kate, and Elsie buried thier faces in newspapers as Omar and his goon, Mohan, walked by. As Omar went out the door to another compartment, Indy rose from his seat.
: : "Where are you going?" Kate asked.
: : "To follow Omar," Indy said. "I've got to find out where he's hidden the disc."
: : Kate said,"Then I'm coming with you!"
: : "No," Indy said. "This is kid's play. I'll be right back."
: : And with that, Indy walked down the aisle and out the door.

: : Omar stood at the rail on the back of the train, watching the rising sun.
: : he thought.
: : Mohan burst thriugh the door.
: : "It is confirmed, Your Most High," Mohan said. Indiana Jones is onboard."
: : "Time for a new plan," Omar said.
: : "Yes, Your Most High!"

: : Indiana Jones had been through three cars as hadn't spotted Omar or Mohan yet. Now, he was walking through the baggage car. He opened the door to exit, when a thought struck him.
: :
: : He looked at the tags on all the cases, and soon found a satchel with Omar's name on the tag. He ripped it open and what he found made him smile.
: : "Well, no disc," he said, as he pulled his whip from the bag.

: : Indy opened the door to the baggage car and saw Mohan coming right for him. He shut the door quickly and hid behind a large trunk. As an afterthought, Indy reaced up and pulled Omar's opened bag behind with him.
: : Mohan walked straight through without looking at all.
: : Indy stood and walked out.

: : Kate was worried. Elsie sat across the aisle, telling her to not worry. It wasn't helping!
: : Kate thought.
: : Suddenly, a man sat down in Indy's seat.
: : "Hello, Mrs. Jones. Please come with me," Mohan said. "And do not forget that there is a gun at your side."

: Chapter 16

: Indy had gone through the entire train. All that was left was the caboose. He walked out the rear door and saw Omar standing at the rail, his back to Indy.
: "Hello, Dr. Jones," Omar said, without turning around.
: "I ought to kill you right now," Indy said.
: Omar turned. "And what's stopping you?"
: Indy lunged at Omar, who in turn hit Indy in the temple with a large opal ring which he wore on his right hand.
: Indy wobbled and fell.
: "You look very smart in that uniform," Omar said. "Perhaps they will give you a military burial."
: Omar grabbed a rung on the ladder and began to scamper to the top of the train. Indy rose and grabbed Omar's ankle, and was rewarded with a kick under the chin which slammed him against the door of the caboose.
: "I'm getting to old for this shit," Indy said, as he climbed the ladder after Omar.
: Indy pulled himself onto the top of the train and saw that Omar was already gaining ground. He lashed out with his whip and snared Omar's ankle.
: Omar fell and nearly rolled off the side of the train.
: As Omar held on, Indy walked to within inches of the side of the train, and looked down at Omar.
: Omar tried to pull himself up.
: "This is for Kate!" Indy said as he kicked Omar in the side of his head.
: Blood oozed from a cut on his cheek.
: Indy kicked him again! "This is for my boys!"
: One of Omar's hands slipped from the ledge. He looked up at Indy as he hung on for his life.
: "And this one's for me!" Indy said as he let go with a third kick. Omar's free hand grabbed Indy's foot and twisted, forcing Indy to the surface of the train.
: Omar climbed up and kicked Indy in the ribs.
: "That was for our beloved Ahknaton!" Omar said.
: Indy shot his foot up, hitting Omar squarely in the groin. He doubled overand through clenched teeth yelled,"Mohan!"
: Kate's head appeared above the edge of the caboose followed by the ugly mug of Mohan. They reached the top, and Mohan stood behind her, Indy's Webley to her head.
: "Now, Dr. Jones, witness the power of Ahknaton!"
: Omar ripped open his shirt, revealing the disc on a chain around his neck.
: The disc glowed in the rising sun!
: Suddenly, Kate's elbow shot into Mohan's stomach! She spun and hit the side of his head with her knee. Mohan stumbled, then fell from the train.
: Omar grabbed Indy by the front of his officer's jacket and hoisted him in the air.
: "You are a flea, Dr. Jones!" Omar said. "But, I... I am a GOD!
: Indy found himself soaring through the air as Omar tossed him from the train.
: "Indy!" Kate shreiked.
: Indy rolled over and over in the soft sand.
: In Indy's mind, it looked as though Omar was flying as he leaped from the train, landing with Indy at his feet.
: The disc glowed brighter as the sun got stronger.
: Omar picked Indy up again, and Indy let go with a barrage of punches which hurt his hands more than they did Omar.
: Omar threw Indy, who smacked against a date palm. He rubbed his behind as his hand felt the object from Ahknaton's temple.
: He reached in his pocket and retrieved the object as Omar closed in for the kill.
: Indy positioned the object so that it was directly under the hot Egyption sun.
: A brilliant beam erupted from the device, landing in the center of the disc.
: Indy shielded his eyes as the intensity of the glowing amulet became to much to bear.
: The disc burned into Omar's chest but still he kept coming.
: Indy stood, holding the crystal closer to the sun. The device vibrated in his hands.
: Omar kept coming, and Indy wondered how much longer his charred skeleton could support his weight.
: Omar reached out his hand to Indy, and fell, dying at Indy'd feet.
: Indy took out a hankerchief and removed the disc from the neck of Omar's corpse.
: "Indy!" a voice wailed in the distance.
: Indy turned and saw Kate and Elsie coming down the tracks, there arms furiously pumping a handcar.
: They stopped near Indy and he helped them down.
: "How...? Indy started.
: "We convinced the engineer to stop the train," Elsie said.
: "Female wiles," Indy stated.
: "That," Kate said. "And a little help from Smith and Wesson."
: They both showed there guns.
: "You didn't..." Indy said.
: Elsie said, "Where's Omar?"
: "He's dead," Indy said, matter-of-factly.
: "I want you to have this," Elsie said, removing the wad of bills that Indy had given her.
: "You earned it," Indy said.
: "I'm sorry," Elsie said. "I simply can't."
: "How about a trade, then?" Indy said, holding up the disc.
: They all laughed, then climbed aboard the handcar..
: It was a long trip back to Cairo.

My fiance brought it to my attention that they shouldn't be walking when they have a perfectly good handcar. And I agree!!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]