My first time also

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Brett (Yasim) Lambert from port2.westworld.ca on June 25, 1999 at 08:41:43:

In Reply to: The first time I saw "Raiders." posted by ROB T. on June 23, 1999 at 22:11:39:

I did not have the advantage to see Raiders in 1981 in the theatres since I was born in 1982. I grew up in a relatively sheltered childhood life, so I didn't see very many movies when I was little. The only movies I saw were E.T., Honey I Shrunk The Kids, Home Alone, and most of the animated Disney movies. I never heard of Indiana Jones at all. Only the name vaguely, but nothing about the story or characters. Anyway, my sheltered childhood ended in 1993, when my parents got divorced. That ended up opening me to more movies. I saw Raiders in late-1993. My mom picked up the movie at the library and said to me that she heard that it was supposed to be good. I saw that title and video cover. I asked what was this? She said Indiana Jones. I said to myself, "Oh! That's what Indiana Jones is!" The cover of the movie looked pretty cool so I decided to check it out. I was surprised to hear that it had Harrison Ford (I also discovered him earlier that year). I previously saw him in The Fugitive, and was impressed by him. I also discovered that it was directed by Steven Spielberg, director of E.T., my childhood favorite. I popped it in when I got home, and I absolutely loved it. I thought it was an awesome adventure, and was drawn by the gross-out effects of the gore in the beginning, the snake coming out of the mummy and the melting of the Nazi's at the end. I loved it!!! This movie made me see other movies with Harrison Ford in it and lead me to the discovery of Star Wars a few months later (I saw friends of mine with Star Wars novels and it looked cool, plus it had Harrison Ford on the cover so I REALLY wanted to see it). Anyways, Raiders became my 3rd favorite movie of all time, second to E.T. and Star Wars. Well, that's my story of how I discovered the movies so late in life.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]