Indiana: man's best friend?

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Deirdre from 192.169.39.64 on June 25, 1999 at 08:56:36:

Hi!

It seems that everybody knows about this, except me... there's been enough mention of it in the movies, in the books and even in this forum. I heard, I read and digested all that gossip about Indiana getting his nickname from a dog, but not just any dog... a dog close to his "heart".

Mark Twain (1835-1910):
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principle difference between a dog and a man."

What I would like to know is: The real (the whole) story. What really happened? Where did he meet this "dog"? Whose was it? How did it die (it DID die, didn't it?)? and whether it was a female dog or a male dog. Did they have this really romantic lovestory type of story, did Indy dump the dog/ or viceversa... did they swear their eternal love to each other, wherein Indy promised to hold true the dog's name and actually be nicknamed after him/her?

I need clarifications... fast!!!

Deirdre Campbell

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~
~~~~~~~`

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read."
--Groucho Marx

"Cats are smarter than dogs. You can't get eight cats to pull a sled through snow." --Jeff Valdez

"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven't got the guts to bite people themselves." August Strindberg

"Yesterday I was a dog. Today I'm a dog. Tomorrow I'll probably still be a dog. Sigh! There's so little hope for advancement."
--Snoopy

:)

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: