Re: Free Raiders 35mm Screening in Chicago Area!

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Indiana Giles from pm3-112.connection.com on April 23, 1998 at 11:36:20:

In Reply to: Free Raiders 35mm Screening in Chicago Area! posted by Brisco on April 22, 1998 at 21:06:18:

: If any of you live in the Chicago area, I'd like to invite you to a free screening of Raiders of the Lost Ark on 35mm this Friday. I'm the director of the student group that brings movies to campus, and we just got a brand new 35mm projector. (We'd been on 16mm before.) Anyway, being the Indy fan that I am I figured that there was only one movie in the whole world that could suitably kick off screenings on our new projector: Raiders, of course. (Our publicity campaign for this has all sorts of Indy references and Raiders quotes.) So, anyway, here's the information:

: Raiders of the Lost Ark
: Friday, April 24, 1998, 7:00PM
: McCormick Auditorium, Norris University Center
: 1999 South Campus Drive
: Northwestern University
: Evanston, IL
: FREE!

Hey Brisco,

What does scope format mean? I've never heard of that before.
I'm aware of the different ratios 1:66:1, 1:85:1, 2:35:1 and the fact that mattes can be installed into the projectors for different formats.
Just curious

Always learning
Indiana Giles
: If any of you do live around here, and want directions or more info, feel free to email me. I'd recommend arriving early to get a seat, though, since it's a free show and it's first come, first serve. There is another show at 11:30 on Saturday night, but that one costs $3. Oh, by the way, not only is it on 35mm, but the print is in scope format, so it's the real thing!

: Brisco

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]