Re: Spielberg Cable Bio/Indy Drawing

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michaelson from em12-686.utsi.edu on June 25, 1999 at 10:02:13:

In Reply to: Spielberg Cable Bio/Indy Drawing posted by Reggie the Snake on June 25, 1999 at 09:47:28:

: Two nights ago on cable (I'll have to find out the channel later) there was a nice biography of Steven Spielberg. For a large part the bio focused on how Steven injects aspects of his own life, his fears, joys, and desires into his films. (For example, in ET Elliot's parents are divorced. Spielberg's parents were also divorced. Steven wanted in some part to discuss the impact of their divorce on him through the his making of ET.)
:
: With this approach to telling Spielberg's biography, the Indy trilogy was unfortunately glossed over pretty quickly. The one remarkable image from the Indy discussion was a fantastic comic book style color drawing of the Indiana Jones character. The drawing showed Indy as more of a Superman with a whip and fedora: incredibly broad shoulders, steely eyes, rugged jaw, etc. All the elements of the costume were there, but it was if the Indy character were being played by Superman. There was no hint of the character and personality we see through the films: none of the down to earth humanity and even fragility. I took this to mean that the drawing was a development sketch made before Raiders.

: Did anyone else see the bio and the drawing? Does anyone know something about that particular image?

: Thanks,

: Reggie the Snake (the last name to be used from Raiders, I think! :)

: @
: (
: ) <---- ascii snake
: (
: )
:

I believe that was on the recent CNN "Profiles" show that aired a couple of weeks ago. I caught bits and pieces myself. I've seen that drawing many times, and you're right, he's show as a hard bitten .45 toting, cigerette smoking he-man type in the line drawing. I'm trying to remember where I came across that last. If I do remember I'll drop you a line. Regards. Michaelson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]