Re: The first time I saw "Raiders."

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Goodsport from 216.32.185.198 on June 25, 1999 at 10:08:53:

In Reply to: The first time I saw "Raiders." posted by ROB T. on June 23, 1999 at 22:11:39:

Actually, my first time seeing Raiders and ToD were pretty uneventful - except for the films themselves, of course (I saw Raiders during it's theatrical re-release in the summer of 1982, a year after it first came out). :)

As for Last Crusade's opening in 1989, I remember it vividly (especially since it opened like a month or so before I graduated high school, definitely the best time of my life :) ):

As I stood in the huge line for The Last Crusade, a bunch of people in front of me were loudly wondering among each other about which movie that line was for. I jokingly told them, " It's for 'Steel Magnolias' " (the other film playing in the theater that day), not expecting them to take me seriously.

Immediately, the 25 or so people in front of me dashed out of the line to look for the 'correct' line. As I stood there dumbfounded, the people behind me started chuckling. When those people came back, I told them I was just kidding and had no choice but to let them back in line in front of me (besides, they outnumbered me). :)

Fortunately, I didn't see them again, and watching the movie itself went by without a hitch. :)

-G

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]