Indiana Jones online-only game? :)

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Goodsport from adsl-216-102-199-185.dsl.snfc21.pacbell.net on June 26, 1999 at 16:09:38:

I just played a little bit of that EverQuest online-only game, and I have to admit that it's pretty cool!

Which got me to thinking (uh oh!):

Granted, LucasArts probably won't do this, but what if they make an online-only game based on the world of Indiana Jones? It's doubtful that anyone logging on would be able to actually play Indy or any of the other characters made famous in the trilogy, but each player logging on would create a character and give himself/herself a name, occupation (i.e. archeologist, detective, scholar, daredevil pilot, mercenary, or many others), stats, etc. The game would be one big world (in this case, the world that Indy occupied) with the computer playing the role of everyone except those of us who log on and play. Players can just hang around and chat with each other or the computer controlled characters, or go off on a mission or quest of some kind, gaining experience points and/or money to increase skills and upgrade equipment. When logging off to go back to the real world, you have your character camp out, and no one can touch your character while you're not playing the game.

I know that with EverQuest, besides buying the game they also charge a small monthly fee to use the service (I think it's about $10 a month or so), and LucasArts would probably have to do the same to maintain and upkeep all the servers necessary for this project. I think that would be a small price to pay to play a game like that, especially in the Indiana Jones universe. :)

What do you all think? :D

-G

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: