Indiana Jones and the Quest for Goliath's Sword (chapter 12)

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Tessa from spider-tp033.proxy.aol.com on June 27, 1999 at 14:03:14:

In Reply to: Indiana Jones and the Quest for Goliath's Sword (chapter 11) posted by The Man with the Hat on June 27, 1999 at 12:27:36:

Chapter 12
Amanda was in shock as Indy looked at his daughter sleeping and said, “Let’s go and talk somewhere else.”
Amanda nodded as they walked out of the tent. Lauren opened one eye, saw her father leaving with a woman and thought, Damn it, Dad, Mom just died six months ago. She got up, put on her makeup and walked to the entrance of the tent. She looked around and snuck out. She walked to where the jeeps where and heard,
“I’m going into town.”
Escape…Finally, Lauren thought as she scrambled in the back and covered herself. She braced herself for the drive and as she heard a while later, “Come on, let’s go get the supplies.”
She waited until the men leave and got up. She looked around and saw a place where music was playing. She headed towards there and saw a Greek band playing. She snuck in, sat at a table, and enjoyed the band. This is more like it, Lauren thought, as she was grabbed by one of the men to dance on the floor.
She was passed around and around of the dance until she was passed to a familiar face and groaned,
“Jason.”
“Lauren, what are you doing here?”
“What does it look like?” as she picked up a glass of liquor and took a sip, “Having fun.”
“Does your father know you’re here?”
“Why should he care?” she snapped at him, “He went off with a woman.”
“I see,” looking at her and smiled a bit, “How about I show you around?”
“Thanks, but I can do better on my own,” as she pulled away from his grip.
Lauren was ready to walk out until she saw another familiar face. She ducked out of view as Jason joined her and said,
“What are you doing?”
“Shhh,” putting a finger to her lips, “Donovan’s here with some man.”
“He’s probably enjoying a drink.”
“I want to get closer to hear the conversation,” as she took a step closer.
Jason grabbed her by the arm and said, “Didn’t your father tell you its’ not polite?”
“Shut up,” she said in an exasperated tone and dropped her voice, “There’s something about him I don’t trust.”
“You’re being ridiculous. Mr. Donovan is respected in his field. His discoveries have been remarkable.”
Lauren shook her head as she hid behind the curtain by where Donovan and companion were sitting. She held out a finger and listened in on what Donovan was saying.
“Once we get the sword, it will be the ultimate tool to annihilate Dr. Jones,” Donovan said.
“Jones has gotten away from us before,” the man next to him replied.
“Not this time,” as Donovan finished his drink, “He’s been too concerned about his daughter to think about getting into things.”
“What about the daughter? Do we have to worry about her?”
“She’s too mad at her father,” Donovan laughed, “She blames him for everything in her life.”
The man looked at him as Donovan added, “Besides I have her wrapped around my finger, Dieter. We’ll have nothing to worry about”
The bastard, Lauren thought as her fists clenched and Donovan and Dieter left. James looked at Lauren and asked,
“What does he have against your father?”
“I don’t know,” Lauren said slowly, “but I’m going to find out.”

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: