Indiana Jones and the Quest for Goliath's Sword (chapters 14 and 15)

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Tessa from spider-tp062.proxy.aol.com on June 27, 1999 at 19:27:05:

In Reply to: Re: Indiana Jones and the Quest for Goliath's Sword (chapter 13) posted by The Man with the Hat on June 27, 1999 at 16:49:10:

Chapter 14
Lauren and Jason headed back to camp. She went into the tent she shared with Indy and said, “Henry?”
Not seeing him around, she gulped and sensed Something’s wrong. Jason came in and said,
“Your father’s been looking for you.”
“Where is he?”
“I don’t know,” as Lauren shivered he asked, “What’s wrong?”
Walking over to Indy’s bags, she grabbed his whip and Webley as Jason asked,
“What are you going to do?”
“I don’t know,” as she grabbed another gun from her purse, “I’ll think of something.”

Indy raised his hands at Donovan, as he pointed the pistol at Indy. Indy swallowed hard and said, “Don’t shoot.”
“What the hell are you doing in my tent? Claiming the scrolls for your own?”
“Leave him alone, James!” Amanda said coming into the tent.
Amanda clinged on his arms the gun held. They struggled and the gun went off in the air. Amanda was pushed onto the ground and yelled at by James,
“Stay out of this!”
James then turned to Indy and said, “Trying to steal my girl, Dr. Jones?”
“She deserves better than you,” he spat out.
Aiming the pistol at Indy’s heart, James smiled and said, “In that case, I’m afraid your daughter is about to become an orphan.”

Lauren and Jason heard the gun shot. They turned in the direction and Jason said, “That sounded like it came from Mr. Donovan’s tent.”
Lauren ran in that direction as Jason followed and Lauren thought, Please don’t let it be, Dad.

Chapter15
James looked at Indy and said, “I was really hoping to find the sword first and then kill you, Jones,” looking at Amanda, “But the stakes have changed.”
“Kill me? I didn’t do anything to you.”
“You killed my father, Dr. Jones. You deserve to die,” as he readied to fire the gun.
Indy shut his eyes and James said, “Good bye, Dr. Jones.”
Suddenly a loud crack was heard. Indy opened his eyes and Lauren with the whip. She pulled the gun out of James’ hands towards her feet and held her own gun at James. She smiled and said,
“Trying to commit murder, Mr. Donovan? I didn’t think you were the type.”
“Think you can take me, little girl?”
“You betcha,” as she aimed the pistol at him, “Now—“
Dieter came from behind and grabbed Lauren. Lauren struggled a bit as James grabbed his gun, pointed at her and said,
“Miss Jones, I’d hope it wouldn’t come to this.”
“Dear God, No!!!” Indy yelled.
Lauren smiled as she flipped Dieter over. She kicked him repeatedly. Dieter grabbed her foot as she dropped to the ground. Dieter smiled and said,
“Fraulein Jones, you should play with kids your own age.”
Lauren smiled and said, “Nah, that wouldn’t be fun at all,” as she spun around and side kicked him. He dropped to the ground as she gave him a high kick, knocking him unconscious.
Lauren looked up and saw James pointed the gun at Indy’s head and said,
“Very good, Fraulein. But I think you need to respect your elders.”
“Let him go,” she yelled.
James smiled as another man hit Lauren from behind. She fell onto the ground as Indy ran to her, felt her pulse, and said,
“You bastards!”
“Dr. Jones, you are going to help me or we’ll kill your daughter.”
Indy sighed and nodded as James said, “Search her for weapons and tie her up. Dr. Jones is going to find the Sword of Goliath for us.”

Jason was looking in at the scene. He swallowed hard and hid as they came out. He sat next to the tent and thought Great, Now what am I supposed to do? If they do anything to Lauren…
Then he suddenly thought of an idea and waited to put it in action.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]