You might try anything by Wilbur Smith also. (NM)

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by ROB T. from 162.10.138.28 on June 28, 1999 at 04:03:28:

In Reply to: Historical Fiction posted by Scott on June 26, 1999 at 11:59:09:

: Besides an Indiana Jones fan, I find myself interested in reading historical fiction. (after all, I believe Indy qualifies) So, if you are like that as well, here is a short book list. :)

: I'd suggest books by Steven Saylor, Linsday Davis, John Maddox Roberts (Roman era).

: Also, I hear the Brother Cadfael novels are great for the Middle Ages. (though i've not actually read them)

: Also, Elizabeth Peters (pseud.), a british writer, has written some fantasic stories about Amelia Peabody - a detective/archaeologist in Egypt of the late 19th/early 20th century. (more adventure than detecting)

: For a collection of short stories, check out the Mammoth Book of Historical Whodunnits, the Mammoth Book of Historical Detectives, Crime Through Time, Crime Through Time II.

: There are a ton of other authors out there. The best way to find the ones you like is to read the short stories and then look up the authors of those stories at the library. Odds are, they have full novels written. And, of course, there is always Amazon.com. :)

: Enjoy the summer!

: -Scott
: Columbia, Mo

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: