Indiana Jones and the Quest for Goliath's Sword (chapter 17)

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by The Man with the Hat from port156.maxc03.bignet.net on June 28, 1999 at 14:51:16:

Donavan watched over his diggers.
"Somewhere out there," he said aloud, "lies the sword of Goliath; the tool that will bring about my vengence."
He turned back toward the encampment. Behind him, he suddenly heard the shouts of his workers. He turned back around as two of the Greek laborers lifted a long object wrapped in cloth from a hole.
Donavan ran down the hill toward the commotion. He fell to his knees as the object was laid on the ground. He impatiently pulled the cloth back revealing a large broadsword.
"The Sword of Goliath," he shout for anyone to hear. "I've found it."
Then, Donavan said to himself,"This could not have happened at a better time."

Indy sat with his back to Lauren. With a bobbi pin, which Lauren had provided, Indy was picking the lock on Lauren's handcuffs.
"It worries me that you know how to do this," Lauren said.
"I just hope I still do."
"Where'd you learn to pick locks at anyway?" Lauren asked.
"Ever hear of Houdini?"
"Sure."
"He taught me," Indy said.
"Right."
Lauren's cuffs popped open, and she pulled her hands in front of her, rubbing her wrists.
"Now, me," Indy said.
"What?" was Lauren's reply. "I cant pick locks!"
"I'll talk you through it," Indy said, dropping the bobbi pin into her hand.
Indy was as good as his word and in a couple seconds, Indy's handcuffs snapped open.
"Great!" Indy said. "Now, forget you know how to do that. C'mon!"
Indy snuck out of the tent, and seeing no one else in sight, pulled Lauren out by the hand. They sneaked from tent to tent until they came to Amanda's truck.
"Get in," Indy said. Lauren, for once, did as she was told. Indy got in the driver's seat, started the truck, and slammed it into gear.

Donavan picked up the sword. It was meant to be a one-handed sword for a man nearly nine feet tall, but Donavan had to hold it in both hands.
"No better time than the present," he said, as he headed for Indy's tent.
He heard the earth crunch behind him, and turned as Amanda's truck sped by, with Indy at the wheel.
"Jones!" he called to the winds.

"Was that what I thought thought it was?" Lauren asked.
"Looked like it," Indy said. "The Sword of Goliath."
Indy looked in his side mirror and saw Donavan's car in the distance.
"Hold on," Indy said. "We're not out of the woods, yet!"

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]