Indiana Jones and The Quest for Goliath's Sword (chapter 19 and 20)

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by The Man with the Hat from port112.maxc03.bignet.net on June 28, 1999 at 19:38:53:

In Reply to: Indiana Jones and The Quest for Goliath's Sword (chapter 18) posted by Tessa on June 28, 1999 at 17:58:34:

: Chapter 18
: Lauren frantically searched the car as Indy yelled, “What are you doing?”
: “I’m looking if there’s something we can use…” as she opened the glovebox and smiled, “Bingo.”
: Lauren drew out Indy’s Webley as Indy said, “Give it to me.”
: “Just keep driving,” as she opened the window and started to climb out. Indy grabbed her and said, “What the hell…”
: “Trust me,” as she climbed out of the car and onto the roof. Lauren stood on the roof and yelled, “Keep it steady, Henry!”
: Lauren aimed the gun at Donovan’s car. She fired the gun as Indy hit a rock. Lauren fell on the roof and Indy yelled, “Are you alright?”
: Lauren poked her head in the window, “I’m fine,” she said, “Just keep driving.”
: Bullets flew in the air as Lauren kept her body down. She looked back at the car and saw Donovan firing a gun from his car. Lauren aimed and said,
: “Wise guy, huh?”
: Lauren fired a couple of shots as Indy drove and then saw a truck driving towards them. He swerved roughly as Lauren fell from the roof, clinging with one hand on the door handle. Indy gasped and said, “Get in.”
: Lauren looked ahead and saw the truck in the direction. She opened the door, and said,
: “Jump out. On the count of three.”
: “Lauren!” Indy said.
: “We have no choice,” Lauren replied, “One.”
: Indy readied himself as Lauren said, “Two.”
: Then looked at Indy, she smiled and said, “Three.”
: Both Indy and Lauren jumped out of the jeep into the shrubbery below. Indy rolled onto the ground and landed hard on the ground. Lauren somersaulted and landed next to her father on her feet. Indy looked at her and said,
: “Impressive.”
: “Thanks,” grinning as she looked back and saw their jeep and the truck collided and burst into flames. Lauren ducked as Indy pulled her along and said,
: “C’mon.”
: “Where are we going?”
: “To the nearest town.”
: “Not so fast, Dr. Jones,” as Amanda stood before them, a gun in her hand.

Chapter 19

"What the Hell is this all about?" Indy asked, handing Amanda his Webley
"You're quite unpredictable, Dr. Jones," Amanda said. "I was meant to be a distraction, but you never took the bait."
"I've got news for you, lady. You're not that distracting."
"Nonetheless. Soon, James will arrive and we shall have our revenge."
"We..." Indy said.
"Yes," Amanda growled. "James is my brother."
"And Walter Donavan was your father," Indy said.
"Right," Amanda said. "Tell me, you were the last person to see my father alive..."
Indy interrupted,"Unless you count the Nazi stooges he worked for."
"Nazi?" she queried. "Are you suggesting that my father was a Nazi collaborator?"
"I'm not suggesting it; I'm tellin' ya, lady!"
"Henry," Lauren said, as she saw Donovan's car coming up the road. "We have company."

"Henry, we have company," Jason heard, as he hid under a tarp in the back of Indy's vehicle.
He heard a car pull up, hardly stopping before a door slammed.
"Dr. Jones," he heard Donavan's voice say.
James Donavan walked over to his sister, resting the sword on his shoulder like a soldier marching in a parade.
"Well, well," he said, a serpentine grin on his face. "What shall we do with them?"
Amanda thought for a moment. "Let them go."
Donavan was shocked. "What?"
"Let them go," she said again. "I don't believe father was the man we thought he was."
"I've waited for this moment for nearly all my life." He pointed at Indy. "I will not let this evil one's propaganda corrupt you into believing his lies."
"Father was a Nazi conspirator, James."
"No!" Donavan shouted.
James then closed his eyes as if to find a peaceful center.
"You're right, ofcourse," he said, finally.
He walked to Amanda and put an apologetic arm around her.
"I'm sorry," he said.
In a lightning-fast motion, Donavan swung the sword off his shoulder and beheaded his sister.
"So sorry."

Chapter 20

Jason heard Lauren scream as Amanda's head was seperated from her body. In a flash, he threw back the tarp and stood on the back of the jeep, a pistol trained on Donavan.
"Jason!" Lauren said.
"Stay out of this, boy," Donavan said. "This doesn't concern you."
"Do what you want to them," Jason said. "I just want the sword."
"You want too much," Donavan said. "It will cost you."
"I've already paid," Jason said. "In blood and sweat. Making all the discoveries while you take all the glory. I think I've paid enough!"
"So be it, Jason," Donavan said.
Goliath's sword literally lunged from James' hands. Indy's whip lashed out to catch it as it flew towards Jason, but the sharp blade cut the whip as it continued on and found its mark.
Jason stared at the handle of the sword as it protruded from his abdomen. Blood painted his lips as he crumpled to the ground.
Jason's finger flexed on the trigger of the pistol, releasing a single shot, which pierced the petro tank.
Indy pushed Lauren to the ground and covered her with his body as the jeep turned into a ball of flame, knocking Donavan to the ground.
Donavan stood and walked to the flaming wreckage. He pulled the sword from Jason's burning corpse and turned toward Indy.
Jones and his daughter were gone!

Indy walked through the rocky mountain path, pulling along a sobbing Lauren by her hand. They had no idea where they were, and not much more idea where they were going.
"Dad," Lauren said. Indy stopped in his tracks. "I'm scared.
Indy turned to Lauren and held her by the shoulders. "It's going to be alright," Indy said. "Trust me."
They walked for awhile, until Indy saw smoke.
"C'mon. This way," Indy said. "Maybe it's a camp."
They followed the smoke until they came to a clearing and saw the burntout truck.
"We've been walking in circles," Indy said.

Indy's dusty trail was easy to follow. "I couldn't be more than a few minutes behind them," Donavan thought, as he stepped into a clearing.
Near the smoldering truck stood Indy and his daughter.
"Dr. Jones," Donavan said.
Indy turned and saw James weilding the sword in front of him.
Indy knelt, picking up the two feet of whip that the sword had cut.
"It will serve no purpose to hide, Dr. Jones.I'm about to face my destiny."
Indy grabbed a handful of stones and stood.
"You speak of fortune and glory," James continued. "You took both from my father. I shall regain it."
"What a vivid imagination," Indy said, looping the section of whip.
"It is fate, not fancy."
Indy loaded a stone into the loop.
"I choose to make my own fate," Indy said, stalling.
"Your fate," Donavan said, pointing the sword at Indy,"is about to come to an abrupt end."
Suddenly, Indy swung the looped whip over his head and let go with the stone. It rocketed ahead, hitting about eight feet above Donavan's head.
James laughed. "You're no David," he said.
"I don't have to be," Indy said as James heard the rocks above him shift. He looked up as several large boulders rolled over a cliff and on Donavan.
Lauren ran to Indy's arms. "I'm sorry," she said.
Indy said,"Me, too."

Epilogue

Indy stood, looking over the grave of his father.
A tear rolled down his cheek, but he didn't bother to wipe it away.
"Hi, Dad," Indy said. I know it's been awhile, but I promise to be more diligent. Remember that I told you how Lauren has been since Kate died? I promised myself that there wouldn't be a rift between us like there was with you and me." Indy place a flower on the grave. "I think everything's going to be alright."
Indy turned and walked to the car. He had a new daughter to get to know.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]