Re: Racial Stereotypes in the Indy movies

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Anejo Joe from 54.atlanta-05.ga.dial-access.att.net on June 28, 1999 at 20:26:25:

In Reply to: Racial Stereotypes in the Indy movies posted by Brett (Yasim) Lambert on June 28, 1999 at 10:53:43:

: I read some articles on the net about racial stereotypes from The Phantom Menace, particularly of Jar-Jar. That got me thinking to the time when Temple of Doom got blamed for stereotypes of Hindu people and Chinese people (well, I was only 1 or 2 when that happened but I read books on that). Tell me guys, is this relevant to be so politically correct on good-natured adventure movies. I'm sure Lucas and Spielberg mean no harm to the minority groups. What are your views on these PC police?
: It pisses me off when people get mad at so-called unfair treatment of minority groups.

-------------------------------------

Also stereotyped were archaeologists, museum curators, college professors, Nazis, British colonials, tramp freighter captains, government bureaucrats, boy scouts, and Guardians of Grails. I am sure there were others. But I did like the movies!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]