Alright, alright!

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Tessa from spider-wo083.proxy.aol.com on June 28, 1999 at 20:37:18:

We're finishing these forum novels quicker than I thought or realized.
Here's the first two chapters of a new one...and someone else do the next one.
Tessa

June 1971
Chapter 1
It was a beautiful, sunny day in New York. A group of thirty men and women were going up to receive their diplomas and shaking a man’s hand. At the end, the man smiled, and said,
“I would like to present the class valediction, Miss Lauren Marie Jones.”
“Alright, Laurie,” shouted a blonde man in the crowd. An elderly gentleman wearing a fedora put a hand on the man’s shoulders and said,
“Pipe down, Eric.”
The man grinned back as he said, “Come on, Dad. You have to proud of her,” as he looked at the man next to him, “Right, Mike?”
Mike pushed his wire-rimmed glasses back, smiled, and said, “Right, Eric.”
The gentleman, Indiana Jones, smiled at his sons. They had just finished their second year at Princeton, Eric in pre-med and Michael in music history. And now, his youngest, was graduating from high school. He was proud of her, as Lauren gave her speech,
“We have had challenges in our four years. Many of them hard, many of them easy,” as Lauren looked at her father and smiled, “But the one I went through a year and a half ago was tough for me.”
The crowd laughed as Indy thought back to Crete, where Lauren and Indy finally talked things through. We were barely on speaking terms two years ago, Indy realized,since Kate’s death.
Lauren finished her speech and said, “Ladies and gentlemen, We are the class of 1971. Here’s to our new adventures!” as she threw her cap in the air.
Her classmates threw their caps in the air and let out cheers of joy. Lauren looked at her father and brothers and walked towards them. Indy grabbed her as soon as she was in his reach, “My girl,” hugging her, “You did it.”
“Yeah, Laurie,” Eric grinned, “What did you do? Cheat?”
Lauren glared at Eric and said, “I worked very hard, Eric.”
Mike laughed and said, “Don’t let him bug you, sis,” as he bent down to Lauren’s ear and whispered, “He cheated off me for our history final.”
“I heard that, “ Eric said.
Indy looked at his children fondly and said, “If only your mother was here…”
Lauren put a hand on Indy’s shoulder and said, “She’s here, Dad. In spirit.”

Chapter 2
Indy smiled and said, “I have a surprise for you three.”
“What’s the surprise, Dad?” Eric quipped.
Indy handed Lauren an envelope and said, “The guest of honor should do it.”
Lauren opened the envelope and pulled out tickets. She read them and said, “Mexico?”
“I thought we’d go on vacation. The four of us.”
“All right,” Eric said, “a chance with the Mexican senoritas.”
Mike laughed at him and said, “My brother, the casanova.”
“Someone has to be one, Mike,” as he looked at his brother, “Since you’ve become the scholarly type?” pointing at his glasses.
“Just because I have glasses and you don’t, don’t mean anything.”
“Would you two stop it?” Indy said, “I thought we’d go to Mexico City and have some fun. For three fun filled weeks in the sun.”
“You mean it, Dad?” Lauren asked.
“Sure do,” as he nudged his daughter, “We can go see the Aztec ruins.”
“Great!” she said excitedly. Ever since their adventure in Crete, Lauren had developed a taste of archeology and adventure. She wanted every part of archeology, which is why she was enrolled at Barnett in the fall, to study it.
“But first,” Indy said, “Let’s celebrate. Dinner at Mama Luigi’s.”
“Alright!” Eric said, “Who ever gets to the car, drives!”
All three children ran towards the car as Indy chuckled a bit at the sight. As he walked towards the car, a man was watching from the distance, a cigar in his mouth and said,
“I’ll be waiting for you in Mexico, Doctor Jones.”

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]