The Mexican Adventure (ok, anyone else can think of a better title) Chapter 4

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Tessa from 138.87.169.47 on June 29, 1999 at 08:28:54:

Chapter 4
“Civilization,” the steward said, “but there are many things here. Tenochilitan is northwest of the city and the Xochlcalco ruins in the Southwest.”
“Neat,” Lauren said, as the steward said, “I’d be happy to show you around, senorita,” smiling at her.
Indy grabbed her hand and said, “Thanks, but no thanks,” as he dragged her out of the airport terminal with Eric and Michael following.
“Dad!” as she finally let go of his hand, “I’m not little girl. I’m eighteen.”
“Could have fooled me,” Eric quipped, “but then with those curves,” looking at Lauren closely.
Lauren glared at her brother and then noticed a man with a cigar in his mouth. He’s been following us, she realized, But why? Indy called out to Lauren,
“Come on, Lauren. Let’s go to the hotel.”
Lauren nodded, took one glance at the man and joined her father and brothers

The man saw them leaving and started to follow them when he saw the steward who was talking to Lauren. The man looked up and asked, “Senor…”
“What did you talk about with the young American woman?”
“Which one? There are many senoritas.”
“The one with the brown hair.”
The steward frowned as the man showed him a wad full of Mexican currency. The steward nodded and said, “That senorita!”, smiling, “She wanted to see the Aztec ruins. The culture of Mexico.”
The man smiled and thought She’ll get her chance if her father cooperates as he walked away.

Lauren was unpacking her bag in her room. She pulled out a halter-top with shorts as her father peered in the doorway of the room adjoint to hers and said, “Ready for dinner?”
“Give me a few minutes,” as she faced him wearing a black bra and underwear. Indy smiled and said, “Planning on wearing clothes?”
“Nah, I thought I’d go just like this,” she said jokingly.
Indy laughed as she put on her shorts and top. He handed her a small box and said, “Here.”
“What is it?”
“Just open it,” as Lauren sat on the bed.
Lauren opened the box and saw a small locket. She pulled it out, opened the latch, and gasped. Inside was picture of her mother on one side and her father on the other. Lauren looked up at Indy and said, “Dad…”
Indy smiled and said, “It was your mother’s. Read the back of it.”
Lauren turned it around and read, “Love Always, K.T. & H.J. 1922.”
“I gave it to your mother in college. Our first Valentine’s Day if I remember right.”
“It’s beautiful,” as she handed it to him, “Help me put it on?” as she brushed away her hair to one side.
Indy obliged and put on the necklace. Lauren stared at it as Indy said; “I’ll go check on your brothers. Meet us downstairs.”
Lauren nodded as Indy left. She looked at the locket, smiled, and thought I’ll always have a piece of Mom, as she looked in the mirror and gasped. She saw a young Mexican with a knife coming towards her.
Lauren sighed a bit as the man grabbed her from behind and muttered to himself, “This was too easy.”
Lauren smiled to herself, grabbed the man’s arm from her right and threw him across the room. He landed on his feet and started towards her again. She grabbed the man’s arm and threw him against the wall near the window. Before he had a chance to recover, Lauren kicked him out the window into the marketplace below. She shook her head and thought, What the hell was that about?, as her father and brothers came charging into her room

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]