Indiana Jones and The Mexican Affair (chapter 6)

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Tessa from 138.87.169.47 on June 29, 1999 at 13:32:47:

Chapter 6
The Joneses had dinner at a restaurant downstairs. Lauren couldn’t concentrate on her dinner as Indy said,
“Aren’t you hungry?”
“No,” as she looked around, her hand on the satchel that held Indy’s Webley. Eric looked at her and said, “Come on, Laurie, they wouldn’t go after you in a public place.”
“And how would you know?” Indy asked.
“I’ve seen it in the movies,” Eric said as he leaned in his seat.
If you only knew, Indy thought. He had dealings with the Nazis, both public and private places, and other enemies. Lauren looked at her father, a grim expression in her eyes. Indy had told Lauren of his adventures after seeing the artifacts he’d acquired for the museum. He reached out for her hand, patted it and said,
“We’ll be fine.”
“I hope so,” as Indy rose from his seat and said, “I think we should all turn in if we’re going to see Tenochilitan in the morning.”
“But Dad…”Eric groaned, “It’s only nine o’clock.”
“I think,” Mike said smiling, “Eric wants a piece of the nightlife.”
“You bet I do!” he pounded on the table.
Indy smiled at his twin sons, amazed at how different they were in every way, even in looks while Michael wore glasses and had his hair cut short and Eric had his hair to his shoulders, which was now tied in a ponytail. Eric looked at his father and said, “C’mon, Dad. We’ll even take care of her and you can go on to bed,” pointing at Lauren.
Lauren crossed her arms, then her face changed a bit, and said, “Can we, Dad?”
Uh, oh, Indy thought, She’s up to something. He smiled and said, “Sure. But be careful.”
As Eric and Michael walked away from the table, Indy grabbed her arm and said, “Don’t do anything foolish.”
Lauren laughed and said, “Who me? Nah,” as she walked off with her brothers.

The man with the cigar noticed Indy going back into the hotel and his children going in the other direction. A smile came to the man’s lips. He had a plan to carry out

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]