Re: Indiana Jones and The Mexican Affair (chapter 6)

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by The Man with the Hat from port75.maxc02.bignet.net on June 29, 1999 at 16:22:04:

In Reply to: Indiana Jones and The Mexican Affair (chapter 6) posted by Tessa on June 29, 1999 at 13:32:47:

: Chapter 6
: The Joneses had dinner at a restaurant downstairs. Lauren couldn’t concentrate on her dinner as Indy said,
: “Aren’t you hungry?”
: “No,” as she looked around, her hand on the satchel that held Indy’s Webley. Eric looked at her and said, “Come on, Laurie, they wouldn’t go after you in a public place.”
: “And how would you know?” Indy asked.
: “I’ve seen it in the movies,” Eric said as he leaned in his seat.
: If you only knew, Indy thought. He had dealings with the Nazis, both public and private places, and other enemies. Lauren looked at her father, a grim expression in her eyes. Indy had told Lauren of his adventures after seeing the artifacts he’d acquired for the museum. He reached out for her hand, patted it and said,
: “We’ll be fine.”
: “I hope so,” as Indy rose from his seat and said, “I think we should all turn in if we’re going to see Tenochilitan in the morning.”
: “But Dad…”Eric groaned, “It’s only nine o’clock.”
: “I think,” Mike said smiling, “Eric wants a piece of the nightlife.”
: “You bet I do!” he pounded on the table.
: Indy smiled at his twin sons, amazed at how different they were in every way, even in looks while Michael wore glasses and had his hair cut short and Eric had his hair to his shoulders, which was now tied in a ponytail. Eric looked at his father and said, “C’mon, Dad. We’ll even take care of her and you can go on to bed,” pointing at Lauren.
: Lauren crossed her arms, then her face changed a bit, and said, “Can we, Dad?”
: Uh, oh, Indy thought, She’s up to something. He smiled and said, “Sure. But be careful.”
: As Eric and Michael walked away from the table, Indy grabbed her arm and said, “Don’t do anything foolish.”
: Lauren laughed and said, “Who me? Nah,” as she walked off with her brothers.

: The man with the cigar noticed Indy going back into the hotel and his children going in the other direction. A smile came to the man’s lips. He had a plan to carry out.

Chapter 7

Lauren and her brothers walked down the busy Mexican street. Vendors were on either side selling thier wares, but the trio didn't even stop to look. There would be time for that later. Tonight, they were looking for fun.
They had almost made it to a cantins when Lauren did a doubletake. She walked to a cart and picked up the object that had caught her attention; a long leather whip.
"Oh, great," Eric said," Our sister, Zorro."
Lauren ignored her brother. "How much," she asked.
The vendor told her the amount, and Lauren thought for a moment.
The boys were looking across the square at something that had caught thier eyes.
"I don't have that much on me," she said. She turned to get a loan from her brothers, and saw them on the other side of the square talking to a couple senoritas.
"I'll have to come back," she said.
A man with a cigar walked from between two vending carts, holding a flower.
"Hello, my beautiful senorita. Would you care to buy a flower? Only two pesos."
"No, thank you," came Lauren's reply.
She turned to walk away.
From the end of the man's cigar, a dart erupted, sticking itself in the back of her neck. Lauren slumped into the man's arms, and he dragged her between the to carts.
Eric and Michael looked over at that moment to the spot where Lauren had been standing and found her missing. They ran to the cart. Eric said "Laurie?" as Michael grabbed the front of the vendor's shirt.
"Where's my sister?" Michael said, just inches from the seller's face.
The vendor threw up his hands. "I do not know," he said. "A man took her away."
"What do we do?" Eric asked Michael.
"Well," he said. "First, we cancel our dates."

"How could you be so irresponsible?" Indy asked of his sons. "Did I ask you to find the Holy Grail? To search for Atlantis? No! I only asked that you look after your sister."
They both had been sitting, but now they stood.
"Where do you think you're going?" Indy asked.
"To look for Laurie," came the reply.
"Wait," Indy said, slipping on his beat-up leather jacket. "I'm going with you."
Suddenly, a rock smashed through the hotel window. Footsteps could be heard on the balcony.
"Got him!" Michael said as both young men sprinted out the door.
Indy picked up the rock and removed the paper tied around it.
"We have your daughter. If you want to see her alive, please come to Placido de Cortez at midnight."
Indy crumpled the note in his hand as the twins came back in the room.
"I don't know who that was," Eric said, breathing heavily," but he runs like a rabbit."
"What now, Dad?' Eric asked.
Indy gave Eric the note. "Midnight, we go to the Place of Cortez."

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: