Chapter 8 of the Mexican Escapade

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Tessa from 138.87.169.47 on June 30, 1999 at 09:00:20:

Ok, it's not my best...but it's a challenge for all of you.
Tessa

Chapter 8
Lauren woke up on a dirt-covered floor, and looked around. It was a tiny place with a small window with bars and a door. She ran to the door and tried to open it. She cursed at herself when she found it locked. She was examining the window when the door behind her opened. She turned around and recognized the man from the marketplace.
“Ah, senorita Jones, welcome to Placido de Cortez,” with the cigar dangling from her mouth.
“What the hell do you want?” she glared at him.
“You shall see when your father comes here.”
“What does my father has to do with this?”
“Patience,” as he blew smoke in the air.
Lauren grabbed the man by his collar and slammed him against the wall. She ran towards the door when a monster of a man blocked her way. Lauren lunged towards him, fists raised. He grabbed her hands and threw her to the ground as the man with the cigar said,
“I’m impressed, senorita, to see a girl with your strength and agility.”
“I’m not an ordinary girl, senor.”
The man turned to the door and said, “Soon you shall see what we want with you and your father,” as locked the door.
Lauren shook her head in disbelief and thought What have we gotten ourselves into this time?

Indy, Eric and Michael arrived at the Placido de Cortez by horseback. They got off their horses as Indy checked his watch and said,
“Well, its’ midnight. Where’s Lauren?”
“Hey, Dad,” Eric said, “I recognize this place. Where have I seen it before?”
A voice came from behind and said, “In your history books, this is the place where Montezuma met his fate with Cortez.”
The men turned around and saw the man with the cigar. The man held out a hand to Indy and said,
“Ah, Dr. Jones. I have heard many great things about you.”
“Who are you?”
“Juan Castaneda, a great admirer of your work.”
“Where’s my daughter?”
Juan clapped his hands and two guards brought out Lauren, who was pushed into Indy’s arms. He smiled and said,
“She is safe. Only a few bruises from a scuffle from a guard.”
“Why did you take her in the first place?”
Juan blew smoke in the air, smiled, and said,
“I need your expertise, Dr. Jones. Your daughter’s as well.”
“I’ve retired. And she’s not an archeologist.”
“Even so,” as he put out the cigar, “I have heard about you and your daughter’s expedition in Crete a couple of years back,” as he threw a newspaper at him, “as well as this.”
Indy picked up the paper and read, “College Scholarship given to Local Girl.”
“It discusses your daughter’s paper on Aztec history and archeological findings in the area.”
“I don’t understand what this has to do with…” Indy began
“I need you to find an artifact for me. You and your daughter,” smiling at Lauren.
“What if we refuse?”
Juan motioned the guards over to him and said, “Or we’ll kill you. Starting with your sons, then your daughter and you.”

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]