Re: Jacket is blowing in the wind

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Rod Edgar from rodedgar.demon.co.uk on April 23, 1998 at 16:28:31:

In Reply to: Re: Jacket is blowing in the wind posted by IndeeJonez on April 23, 1998 at 16:04:42:

: I have reservations as to whether or not the jacket in last crusade is : indeed lambskin like in raiders. During the motorcycle chase scenes : it appears to me to be a horsehide.

Yeah, I know what you mean. I also have my suspicions that the differences between the Raiders and Crusade jackets extend beyond an increase in weathering and collar size.

The Raiders jacket always appears quite dark, unless covered in dust and sand, while the more weathered Crusade version looks lighter. As scuffed as the jacket appears in Raiders, it doesn't have the same range of colouring - brought on by weathering - as the Crusade one does, and I doubt that it might not be able to due to a difference in the thickness and durability of the leathers used.

In addition, notice the exchange between Henry and Indy at the end of the bike chase. Henry punches Indy on the arm in his excitement, and the leather reacts/sounds as if it's quite substantial.

I know that I just posted a message backing the observation that the jacket is always quite thin, but I'm still in two minds over the matter.

Has anyone successfully weathered a Wested jacket to the point that it resembles the one in Crusade?

Rod

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]