Chapter 17 of Indiana Jones and the Aztec Spear

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Tessa from spider-wb052.proxy.aol.com on July 03, 1999 at 08:02:10:

Chapter 17
The Joneses, Anthony, and their guide were climbing up one side of the volcano. Lauren wiped her brow from the hot sun and looked up at her father and called out,
"How much farther?"
Indy looked down at his daughter and said, "Not too much, Lauren."
"I guess we're lucky you took us to Grand Canyon almost every summer," she muttered to herself.
"What was that, Laurie?" said Anthony from behind.
"Nothing," as she tried for a better hold on the volcano.
"We will stop," the guide said, "at this clearing to rest."
Thank God, Lauren thought as they climbed a few feet more. She looked up and saw her father and the guide near the clearing, with her brothers behind them and Anthony and Lauren bringing up the rear.
They had started very early in the morning to climb the volcano. Lauren, from her lack of sleep, was already growing tired. She almost lost her footing twice. If this id the life or an archeologist, I better get more sleep, she realized as her father and the guide reached the clearing. She reached out for a rock as Eric called out,
"How are you two doing down there?"
"We're fine," Anthony called back and looked back at Lauren.
Lauren looked back, wiped the sweat from her brow. She grabbed another rock and tried to pull herself up went the rock gave way. She lost her footing, and fell towards the ground below. Anthony looked back, saw her, and held on the rope supporting them and said, "Lauren," in a panicked voice.
Indy looked down and saw his daughter suspended in mid air. He started to head down there when Anthony called out, "The rope's not holding, Dr. Jones. I need something to grab her."
Indy's face turned white as he thought furiously what to do.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]