Re: Stunts... And Staples...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Sean from iah16-99.barrie.connex.net on July 04, 1999 at 10:35:30:

In Reply to: Stunts... And Staples... posted by Vince... on July 03, 1999 at 16:44:51:

: Can you tell me even though I have heard many times that Harrison did most of the stunts.I have been a Indy fan since the age of sven and now eighteen.I know that Steven Speilberg didn't like Harry to do stunts.Which ones did he do and which ones did he didn't do.Did he use staples to have his hat stay on.Did he the truck scene in Raiders.I just want to know.

Hello:
Just to clarify: While Harrison Ford obviously didn't do the infamous stunt where Indy clambers underneath the truck in `Raiders,' he did do a pick-up shot where he dragged behind the truck from a whip/cable. I believe the scene was shot at low speed, and then sped up through the "magic of movies." In a book about his films, Ford is pretty forth-right in explaining that he likes to do stunts to lend credibility to the role, but the most dangerous ones are left ot the professionals. In fact, on more than one occasion this has landed Ford in the hospital. During filming of the flying wing fight in `Raiders' one of the wheels of the plane rolled over his leg tearing his ligaments, and in `Temple of Doom' he (correct me if I'm wrong) ruptured a disc in his back when he was thrown into the mne car by Pat Roach. There aren't too many actors these days or in days past that were willing to go to those lengths.
Hope this helps,
Sean

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: