Re: Staples...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Steve Delk from ppp-99.COL.cableone.net on July 05, 1999 at 06:55:23:

In Reply to: Staples... posted by ROB T. on July 05, 1999 at 01:37:22:

: There was some talk below about stunts and staples and it got me to thinking about something I've wanted to ask. Every time I read about Indy's hat staying in place it's reported that they used staples to hold it on. This can't be right, no actor would allow staples to be inserted into his head, but this is what I always hear. So, does anyone know for sure exactly what method they used to keep Harrison Ford from losing his hat?

: Incidentally, the reason those old serial actors, and Indy, have to keep their hats on is so their won't be a continuity problem when they edit the footage together and also to hide the faces of any stuntmen in the scene.

: Saw "Raiders" Saturday at the Englewood theatre in K.C. God, it was great. Seeing it again Tuesday night and I'll give you all a complete rundown on the crowd and the whole theatre experience.

I am somewhat puzzled about this staple question. I always thought it rather odd that anyone would actually staple a hat to ones head. Seems kinda dangerous to me. I once saw an interview with Spielberg and he was apologizing for letting the cat out of the bag by admitting that Ford did hold his hat on in this way. And I just assumed that Spielberg was being forthright in his statement. It is a relief to me that he apparently was just pulling our legs. Wonder what his motivation was for doing this? All of this seems odd to me . Steve

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]