Re: Characters from Indy novels

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Steve from ppp-105.COL.cableone.net on July 05, 1999 at 15:52:47:

In Reply to: Characters from Indy novels posted by Nobody on July 05, 1999 at 14:55:10:

: I'm sorry, but as far as I'm concerned, the movie characters are the only "real" Indy characters, i.e. the only ones that count. I mean, they (and the young Indy stuff) are the only ones from the team of Lucas, Spielberg and Ford. So I don't think it can be debated whether a heroine or villain from a knock-off novel is the "best" this or the "best" that. There are only 3 actual Indiana Jones stories: Raiders, Temple of Doom, and Last Crusade. "Here endeth the lesson."

Well of course if fans want to debate these other characters, that's fine with me, but I totally agree with you. To me any ideas I have about Indiana Jones come solely from the trilogy. I can remember reading all of the Bond novels written by Ian Fleming and then reading one written by someone else after Fleming's death. And what a disapointment that was! Never again! I guess thats why I don't read anything written about further adventures of Indy. If Indy 4 never comes about, then I will have to rely on the prior 3 for inspiration. But once again I certainly don't fault anyone for getting their "fix" by reading these novels. It's just not for me. Steve

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]