Indiana Jones and the Aztec Spear (chapter 20)

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Tessa from 138.87.169.47 on July 06, 1999 at 08:45:38:

Chapter 20
May 28, 1923
I had to send away the one I loved. I didn't want to do it. But what kind of life would it be to get married because of a child? I had to do it, even though my heart is breaking. I love Indy so much, but to get married because of a child is wrong. It would ruin his dreams.
Someday I'll tell him about the baby but right now, it will be our little secret.

Lauren looked up from the book. A baby? What happened to it? she wondered as she skipped ahead to another section.
September 9, 1949
I saw him again, after many years apart. He's still as handsome as ever. And at all of the places, Marcus' memorial service. It was strange seeing him again.
We talked about what had happened, but I didn't mention the baby. How could I tell him that I was pregnant and lost the baby after three months? He would never forgive me. Perhaps in time, I will tell him the truth.

Lauren closed the book, took off her glasses and realized Poor Mom . She shook the feelings from her head and drifted off to sleep.

They all woke up early in the morning, scaling the walls for the artifact. Lauren looked around and noticed a mark in the wall she didn't notice before. She raised the pick at it and made a larger hole. It became bigger and bigger as Lauren stared in disbelief at the object inside it.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]