Indiana Jones and the Aztec Spear (chapter 22)

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Tessa from spider-tj062.proxy.aol.com on July 06, 1999 at 18:25:26:

Chapter 22
Lauren dropped the pick and started digging with her hands. The others watched her as Indy asked,
“What is it, Laurie?”
“I found something,” as she brushed some dirt off her hands. She pulled out her flashlight, pointed at the hole and said, “Dad, come here.”
Indy rushed out and saw where Lauren’s flashlight was pointed at. He took the smaller pick and picked around it as Anthony asked, “What is it, Dr. Jones?”
“In a minute,” as he picked around the object. Finally he pulled out an object from the hole. He brushed off the dirt and said, “It’s the spear.”
Her eyes widened a bit and then looked around. Frowning a bit, Lauren said, “There’s someone else here.”
“Don’t be silly, Lauren,” Eric said, “Who could be here?”
“Hey,” Michael called, “I found something else over here.”

Petr, at that moment, had a sneaking suspicion. He looked up at the mountain and said, “The volcano. It’s going to explode!”
He grabbed his hat and went into his helicopter. He started it up in a hurry and said, “I pray I’ll get to them in time!”

The Joneses and Anthony were looking at a gold mark Michael uncovered. Indy brushed the dirt off, read the inscription, and said, “This is the exact spot Cortez stood centuries ago.”
“Really?” Lauren asked, as she bent over for a closer look.
Then the ground shook fiercely. They all looked at each other and said at the same time,
“The volcano’s going to erupt.”
Indy said to them calmly, “Back to camp, and grab anything necessary.”
“What are we going to do, Dad?” Eric asked.
Indy grimaced and then turned to Lauren, “Do you still have that raft in your pack?”
Lauren looked astonished and said, “I never unpacked it, Dad.”
Indy smiled to himself and said, “I have a plan. Listen to me closely.”

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: