Re: A truckload of observations about "Raiders"...(Please respond)

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Jonathan Jones from ppp44.pm3-6.buf.ny.localnet.com on July 07, 1999 at 06:00:07:

In Reply to: A truckload of observations about "Raiders"...(Please respond) posted by ROB T. on July 07, 1999 at 01:58:55:

Here are some of my ideas;

7. During the barfight in Nepal does Indy change guns? It looks like he starts the fight with a revolver and then he's using a semi-automatic.
It would probably be faster to use a second loaded gun, rather than reloading the revolver.

14. Why didn't Marion just stand up when they were carrying her in the basket? She could have jumped out at any time.
I believe I've seen the top tied down, although I don't know when they had time to do it.

20. When Belloq and the Germans discover Indy in the Well of Souls Sallah is with him and is taken prisoner but is not punished for helping Indy. Shouldn't he have been shot or at least thrown into the Well like Marion?
I can't remember where, but I've read somewhere that Sallah told the German's that Indy had duped him into helping, pretending to have official orders, and since the Germans thought the Arabs were dumb, they probably believed him.

Just my thoughts,
Jonathan Jones

: 26. When Indy tells Marion to shut her eyes and not look at the power of the Ark it seems to me that he gives this advice too late. The spirits have already started flying around and the fog has started and it seems to me that they've already seen too much. I think they'd have gotten roasted along with everyone else.

: 27. When Indy comes out from talking to the Army guys and meets up with Marion, is he wearing a different fedora from the one we usually see him in? This one looks darker like maybe this is his dress fedora and his other one is for messing around in. I don't know.

: Well, those are the things I noticed. Little things all and they don't take away from my enjoyment of the film at all. I didn't mention things like Indy's staff being even longer than Belloq's or the fact that the map shows Iran even though the country wasn't called that in 1936. These things and other have been debated on this forum before and I just wanted to keep to things we haven't really discussed before. I'd really like to hear some feedback on the observations I've made. Whether you agree with me or disagree and maybe some things you've noticed that you've never mentioned before.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]