Re: A truckload of observations about "Raiders"...(Please respond)

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Jeff-1 from s27.Pm2.t-one.net on July 07, 1999 at 06:46:37:

In Reply to: A truckload of observations about "Raiders"...(Please respond) posted by ROB T. on July 07, 1999 at 01:58:55:

: 12. When Sallah says the French archeologist is called Bellosh how does Indy know he means Belloq? Is there only one French archeologist in the world?

Maybe it's because of how the Arabs pronounced his name.

: 13. When Indy and Marion are walking thru the marketplace with the monkey, Marion starts by referring to the monkey as a he then switches over in midsentence to calling it a she. Is it a boy monkey or a girl?

I think they were just playing around with the sexes because Marion refers to the monkey as their 'child'. And they were comparing traits of the monkey to each other :)

: 15. When the truck blew up why didn't Indy check the wreckage for Marion's body?

Indy may like digging up skeletons out in the field, but not those of his female friends.

: 16. Sallah sends his children into a bar full of armed men to protect Indy. Is he crazy? I'd never endanger my kids like that even for my best friend.

I'm sure Sallah knew that the people in the bar weren't that dangerous.

: 22. When Indy steals the truck and gets shot in the arm his anger level goes way up. He takes out his anger on the guy who shot him and I used to imagine that Indy's interior monologue was screaming, "Damnit, you shot me." Now that I've been on this forum for awhile I think maybe he's really thinking, "Damnit, you put a hole in my Wested."

Haha! The last time I watched that scene I thought "No, not the Wested!" :)

I wish I could have seen Raiders in the theater! You had quite a list of things I'll watch for.

- Jeff-1

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]