Re: Indy Online-Only Game... publisher???

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Jeff-1 from s13.Pm1.t-one.net on July 07, 1999 at 11:41:43:

In Reply to: Indy Online-Only Game... publisher??? posted by Goodsport on July 07, 1999 at 10:13:03:

: Seeing that a massive Online-Only game needs a huge publisher to finance the upkeep of the servers needed to run it and the customer support needed to deal with the customer complaints due to initial bugs and such (LucasArts would develop the game, but I doubt even they have the capital to finance all that), which company would and/or could publish an Indiana Jones Online-Only game?

I remeber reading something about how the developers of Xwing Vs. Tie Fighter were asked if they would want to do a massively-multiplayer (I don't care much for that term) version of the Star Wars universe. They replied by saying that they would want to, but the techonology isn't quite up to what would be required to pull it off. Seeing how the new Star Wars games are selling, I think LucasArts would get the invested money in doing something like that. So I guess it's more of a question of everybody's bandwidth (or lack there of), than if their capital is enough.

: As a side-question: Who (besides myself) would actually play this game if it ever did come out? :D

I would! But who gets to be Indy? :)

- Jeff-1

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: