Re: That's how we drink it in Belgium. It's a Belgian Dip.(nm)

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Webley from lore.belgium.eu.net on July 07, 1999 at 12:26:41:

In Reply to: That's how we drink it in Belgium. It's a Belgian Dip.(nm) posted by Abner on July 06, 1999 at 23:17:49:

: : I'm sittin' here watchin' that Young Indy movie and I just wanted to know what the hell that thing is on his head. It looks almost like they took a Herbert Johnson hat and had Young Indy's tubby sidekick sit on it for a month and a half. What a joke. And is it just me, or does every Young Indy movie eat raw eggs? There's like 4 seconds of "action" and 14 hours of history lessons. And what's the deal with his 50 year-old 500 lb. sidekick anyway? I mean can the guy speak English?

: : Austin...Danger Powers
: : "Throw me a frickin' bone here."

Indy's sidekick, Remy, is a French speaking Belgian I presume and haven't you heard that French people speaking English always have a dialect.
Belgium is split in 2 provinces: Flanders ,in the north, the people there speak Dutch and Walonië ,in the south, where the people speak French. (I live in Flanders) Belgium arise from the southern part of the Netherlands and the northern part of France (around 1830)
A litle bit of geography and history would never hurt, certainly not for an Indyfan. ;-)
-Webley-

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]