Re: Raiders revised third draft script!

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Adam from spider-wd064.proxy.aol.com on July 09, 1999 at 00:20:58:

In Reply to: Raiders revised third draft script! posted by Two Eyed Jack on July 08, 1999 at 23:47:56:

: I have in my possession a revised third draft script of Raiders of the Lost Ark. It is my understanding that this is the draft written just before the final movie version was made. It is dated August 1979 and has "this screenplay is the property of MEDWAY PRODUCTIONS< INC. and is intended solely for company personnel. Distribution to any Unauthorized persons is prohibited." typed on the cover. Stamped on the bottom right corner of the cover is "TEMPORARY FILE" in red ink. The script has yellow, white, and blue pages with heavier tan stock paper for the front and back cover. A black ink picture which expands on the art on the front of the west end games roleplaying game box is on the front cover as well. Can anyone authenticate this, as I received no certificate with the script. It follows pretty closely to the movie. The scenes that are in this script that didn't make it to the movie are very similar to scenes in Temple of Doom, such as the gong that Indy hides behind as a gunner shoots at it, and Indy jumping from the top of a building through the roof of a sedan. And before questions start in, no, I'm not willing to part with it. Sorry. I just want to know if anyone here has seen such an item. Thanks in advance!
: Two Eyed Jack

The script does indeed sound genuine. I have a copy of it myself -- and will be giving out copies to winners in the trivia contest.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]