issues #17-18

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Aragorn from dval4.nque.com on April 24, 1998 at 16:46:24:

In Reply to: Re: My thoughts on Indy 4 posted by Dale Dassel on April 24, 1998 at 10:46:14:

: : : : : : Here's a kinda strange but interesting question for all you imaginative Indiana Jones fans out there. If you were writing a script for Indy 4, what artifact would you have everyones favorite archieologist search for (i.e. what mystery would you have him try to solve). Just wondering.
: : : : : : Rob

: : : : : I'd have Indy steal a stone which guided the way to Avalon from the Nazis, and let him use it to escape his pursuers as they seek to get it back. At the climax of the story, Indy would find himself on the shores of that mysterious island of mists... and have a meeting with the great King Arthur himself!

: : : : : Aragorn

: : : :
: : : : I'd have Indy look for montezuma's lost city of gold. Fortune & Glory kid.....Fortune and Glory

: : : : regards,
: : : : Indee

: : : One word: ATLANTIS!!! It would be sort of like the computer game,
: : : except that he would find Atlantis in the Atlantic ocean- where it is
: : : supposed to be. And Julianne Moore would play Sophia Hapgood!!!! YES!!!

: : : -Dale

: : You know, Fate of Atlantis IS based on the most realistic evidence of Atlantis' location. Read up on the subject - it's very interesting and totally convincing. Also, I'm sure I don't need to tell you that the location of Atlantis affects virtually every aspect of the game's story. How could you possibly make the same story with Atlantis in a different location?

: : Anyhow, as for my Indy 4 thing... I'd love to see it be about something other than a Christian artifact. If Indy 4 takes the same route as Raiders and Last Crusade it will make Temple seem like the odd film of the bunch - one that doesn't belong. My ideal story of Indy 4 would have Marion as a link to the first film, a non Christian theme and no Nazis to relate to the second film, and maybe an appearance by Henry Sr. to relate to the third. I'd hate to see another adventure with Dad tagging along throughout, however.

: : That Avalon idea was good, which reminds me of Excalibur. We know Arthurian legend is supposedly true in Indy's world, based on evidence in Last Crusade, so that means Excalibur is out there somewhere. the only problem here is that I want MArion in the story, and I don't see her having any place in a quest for Excalibur.

: : Okay, how about this (based on a rumor I've heard, with my own spin on it): Indy finds some kind of Shangri-La type paradise in the Himalayas (but not Shangri-La, as we know it was completely fictional.) At this paradise Indy discovers Abner Ravenwood, alive! Remember how he was supposedly lost in the mountains and presumed dead? Well, Marion could come into it somehow (don't ask me!) and we could also have some bad guys (China's military?) trying to gain the secrets of the lost mountain kingdom. Maybe in the end we could discover that this paradise is actually the garden of Eden (which would violate my non-Christian theme, but hey...) then we should have Indy and Marion get married at the end, just to put a nice finish on the Indy series.

: : -Northy-

: Sorry Northy- it's been done. In issues #17-18, The Search for Abner.
: The second one, called The City of Yesterday's Forever, leaves the reader in doubt
: as to whether the man in the mask was indeed Abner Ravenwood. At the end, as the
: city is crumbling upon itself, Indy and Marion are forced to flee and
: the man says "Marion..." It was pretty good. I'd love to see Karen Allen in
: another Indy adventure.

: -Dale

Hey Dale, which series are the issues from? My Indy comic collection is pitifully small (6 Marvel issues and 5 Dark Horse issues). If "The City of Yesterday's Forever" is from Marvel comics, then we don't have to worry about it being canon... so it could be done in a fourth film!

Aragorn

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]