Ok, ok...whoever didn't see tha last chapter...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Tessa from 138.87.163.9 on July 09, 1999 at 08:50:07:

Here it is: Now, can someone finish it! Tessa

Chapter 23
Indy took the raft from Lauren and yelled, “Ok, hold on tight to each other.”
“Dad,” Eric said, “This isn’t the time to go rafting.”
Indy ignored him and handed him the pack. He pulled the rope and said to his children and Anthony, “Jump.”
“Dr. Jones, are you out of your mind?” Anthony asked.
“Just go!” as he pushed Michael along with his brother and sister and Anthony. Lauren yelled back, “Dad, get on.”
“Never mind me.”
Lauren broke free of the hold as the three men jumped off the cliff. Indy looked at her and said, “Are you crazy? You’ll get killed.”
“I’m not going without you,” she yelled back.
Indy’s ears perked up and said, “Is that a…?” as he looked up and saw Petr’s helicopter. Petr waved at them and said, “Dr. Jones, get on quickly.”
Indy and Lauren got on the helicopter as the volcano exploded, raging lava flowing. Lauren yelled at Petr, “My brothers and Anthony are down there.”
“We will get there, “ Petr said as he looked at Indy, “There is a ladder in the back of you, drop it out of the plane.”
Indy did as he was told and Petr lowered the plane to the ground towards Eric, Michael, and Anthony. Lauren yelled back, “Get on the ladder.”
The boys got on the ladder just as the helicopter rose up and the lava hit the ground. Petr flew away from the volcano as Lauren asked, “Wait a minute. Dad, did we...?”
Indy pulled the spear out of his jacket, smiled, and said, “We sure did. Now, back to the village.”

The Joneses and Anthony returned to the village by nightfall. Lauren went up to Masamumateo and Almatheanna and presented them the spear. Almatheanna smiled at her, touched Lauren’s head and said a few words in her native tongue. Lauren looked at the chief, who explained,
“She knew you would bring it back.”
Lauren smiled as Eric asked, “What about Juan? He wanted the spear.”
Indy laid a hand on Lauren’s shoulder, smiled, and said, “I’ve thought of a way to give him the spear,” as he gathered the four of them in a circle and explained to them quietly. Anthony looked at Indy and asked,
“Will it work, Dr. Jones?”
“We’ll know tomorrow evening,” he replied as the chief arranged travel for them back to the city.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]