Re: Question for Tessa, Meg, Kate and the other women on this forum...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Meg from ip176-82.ingrammicro.com on July 09, 1999 at 11:03:17:

In Reply to: Question for Tessa, Meg, Kate and the other women on this forum... posted by ROB T. on July 08, 1999 at 23:01:03:

*snipped*

Rob,
Well I'm 16 now, but when I first saw Raiders when I was about 10 or so,
I didn't really think anything was wrong. I just thought that was his charcter.
After wacthing Raiders over and over again, I've come to notice more stuff,
including the Indy and Marion thing. I see what you mean by how he treats her, but
I don't really think it is that wrong. I think he lied to her about the worth of the medallion
because he probally knew that it would be hard to get it from her considering their past. I mean
if he really hurt her that bad, I don't think she would give him a very important artifact, and he probally knew that thust
lied to her so he could get it. It was in the 1900's, so it was common for older men and younger woman to get together.
I know that now it might seem wrong, but back then it was fine. I mean even before that girls would get married at 13.
It is also common for 15, 16, and 17 year old girls to think they are in love. And it is also common for them to like older guys, even though most just end it at that.
Indy was also the type to just leave and stuff, it was his character. So I don't think the age thing is wrong considering the era and stuff.
I never really thought about the market place thing where Indy insulted her, I just thought they were having a fun little conversation and joking around(about the monkey and stuff), and they kept the joking thing going.
I never have seen what's left over from an exploded truck, but I don't think there would be much. Maybe the frame work or whatever, but Anyone
inside would have been dead, and Indy knew that. I think it was ok for Indy to leave Marion in the tent, because like he said if they found her missing they would have been searching the camp
and looking for them.
I do see what you mean by his treatment towards her, and how it can seem mean, but that's how Indy is. It's his character, and it was in the 1900's, and it doesn't really seem mean and stuff to me.
Also, every guy is different, and every guy will treat woman differently, and I'm sure you know and have seen it. To a nice guy like you it seems bad to treat a woman like that, because every guy is different.
Well, hope I answered your question. If I think of anything else I'll post agin.

~Meg~

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]