Interesting Story! How the pilot from RAIDERS saved Spielberg and the Jurassic Park Crew!

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Richard from AS52-24-176.cas-kit.golden.net on July 09, 1999 at 12:18:16:

In the Making of Jurassic Park book I recently noticed a small story I had missed my first time reading it! During the last few weeks of Filming the Movie on the remote island of Kauai the whole area was struckby Hurrican Iniki. It basically leveled the place and the cast and crew was trapped in the basement of their resort. 7 hours later they were safe to leave. Though all the roads were blocked, one crew member ran the 5 miles to the airport to see if they could get off the island. The control tower was destroyed and no one was there. The crew helped clear the roads and finally went back to the airport. The airport was open though only to the military. As luck would have it one of the pilots noticed Spielberg came up to him and said "do you know who I am?" Steven said "NO" THe pilot says "Does the line, Thta's my pet snake reggie, mean anything to you!?" And so it was that the pilot from Raidersof the lost ark flew the Jurrasic Park crew out using his military DC-3.

Now there is an adventure within the making of an adventure!

Richard

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]