--->Chapter 26 <---

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Deirdre from proxy1.cbu.skyinet.net on July 12, 1999 at 02:24:10:

In Reply to: Indiana Jones and the Aztec Spear Chapter 25 posted by Tessa on July 11, 1999 at 18:23:06:

Chapter 26

Juan Castenda, met her steady gaze with his. He had to admire the fiery spark in them. She was growing to be a very beautiful woman someday. To bad... too bad she would have to die soon.

Senyora Jones had other things on her mind as she watched Juan blow rings of smoke above their heads. He seemed so relaxed...

"Very well, Jones,"he said. "Your curiosity will kill you someday, but I have no other choice." He motioned to the window. "Would senyora perhaps mind folling me?"

His eyes didn't give anything away.

"What are you up to, Castendo?" She briefly looked over to her father. He nodded reassuringly. Without leaving Juan out of her side she followd him to the window.

"You see that hostel across this place?" he pointed.

"Yeah. What about it?"

"If in 15 minutes, I am not there, your charming boyfriend will have his head blown-off."

Disbelievingly she stared at him. "T-that is not true!! You're bluffing!"

"That my dear," he sighed and walked back to the table to pick-up the spear and slipped it inside his jacket," we will see." he turned to walk to the door, but Mike stopped him. Juan glared at him and brushed away his hand. "Tsk.. dear lad!"

"Where do you think you are going with that?" Mike growled.
"Excuse me, but," Juan looked at his pocketwatch," I have an appointment. If you please?"
"Lauren! He's bluffing!"

Lauren was fighting back tears of fury. She gulped and motioned Mike to step away. "I don't think so Mike..."

Just then the loud roar of a helicopter could be heared. Outside ppl were stepping back from the center of the square. The air vehicle was about to land right in front of the Mexican Restaurant. Indy could make Petr visible up in front. Petr was with Juan?

Mike grabbed Juan by the shoulders,"You sonofabitch! You set us up! Give me the spear!"

"Mike no! Let him go..." her voice was sounded drained because she had just seen Anthony, hands bound, come out of the house from across the street... with one of Juan's men behind him, holding a gun against his head.

"But Lauren... we can't just let him get away!!!"

Juan who had enough of this spectacle freed himself of Mike's grasp and hurried out of the restaurant. "Adios!" Quickly he climbed inside; the man who had been holding Mike captive followed him.

Then the Joneses watched with heavy heart as the helicopter took off.

Indy stepped behind his sons and daughter and put his hands on their shoulders confortingly. "Don't know worry; I know where he's heading to."

--------

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]