Re: Indy Fiction

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Brisco from 199.74.98.144 on April 26, 1998 at 04:25:12:

In Reply to: Indy Fiction posted by Dietrich on April 25, 1998 at 13:03:16:

: I'm about to graduate college with a BS in Graphic Design and was interested in illustrating an Indiana Jones comic with the intention of shipping it off to Dark Horse. I noticed that there is a surprisingly wide gap on the net in terms of fan fiction. I was wondering if there were any interested writers out there with an incredible story they'd be willing to tell. It would have to be a story that would be worth of Henry Jones, Jr., and not one of those Quantum Leap-meets-Indiana Jones type of things. Or, does anyone have any suggestions or story ideas? Thanks for any help you can give me!

There is only one problem with that plan. I looked into the possibility of sending Indy art to Dark Horse a while ago, and found out-from Dark Horse themselves-that they only accept sample art of original work, not licensed characters. So what you've got to do is send a sample of your own creations to them, and then if they like that, maybe you can petition them to draw an Indy comic. Perhaps you can send Indy art to either a lettercol (probably one of the Star Wars ones) or else to Previews Magazine or Wizard, both of whom sometimes publish fan art. Maybe you could get recognized that way. Good luck! I certainly hope that your efforts result in more Indy comics from DH, because we sure need them!
Brisco

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]