Re: Fan fiction link

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Micah from cc85701-a.hwrd1.md.home.com on July 12, 1999 at 16:10:03:

In Reply to: Fan fiction link posted by Nick Kismet on July 12, 1999 at 14:16:55:

: To the webmaster (Micah)
: Why hasn't the fan fiction page been updated? I can't believe that it is for lack of material, since there have been at least five or six forum novels just since I've been watching the forum (2 months now I believe.) And from what I have seen, there doesn't appear to be a rigid quality standard on what makes it onto the fan creations page (I'll let the reader be the judge of what that means)
: I realize that the two serials will probably find their way to that page eventually, but I think all the fan-fic readers would like to see whatever comes available...isn't that the point of the fan creation page?

Well, first, people have to submit fan fiction to me. I really don't have the time or patience to "harvest" fan fiction from the Forum and the net in general. Second, I like to read the fan fiction and edit it for grammar, etc. before I post it. This is probably the biggest obstacle. However, I really don't understand the complaint, as I have been publishing two fan fiction chapters a week for some time now. After these two series have their run, I may have the time to dig into the backlog of submissions I've received.

--Micah

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]