Chapter 28 of the Aztec Spear

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Tessa from spider-tp023.proxy.aol.com on July 12, 1999 at 18:40:54:

The Joneses got off their horses, guns in hand as they walked towards the temple. Indy motioned to Eric and Michael and said,
"Go to the back. Lauren and I'll will cover the front."
"Right," as they headed to the back entrance.
"And Lauren..." as Indy looked back and didn't see her. He looked up and saw her next to the entrance, gun raised in the air, and said, "Lauren, what do you think you're doing?"
"It's war, Henry," as she went into the temple. Indy shook his head and thought Damn girl. She's going to get herself into trouble. Then he smiled and realized, She's just like me. as he followed her inside.
Lauren knelt by the doorway inside the temple as Indy fell in step of her. She listened and said, "They're in the next room."
"Ok, Lauren..." as he thought of what to do when Lauren got up and followed the wall until she reached a doorway. She beckoned to him and she went in, gun in front of her, and said, "Okay, senor. Give me the spear."
Juan was laughing when Indy came up from behind Lauren. Juan looked at her and said,
"I admire your spunk, Senorita Jones. Too bad you won't use it for long."
"I plan on being here for a long time," as she grinned menacingly.
Then Petr and one of Juan's henchmen came from behind them, guns in their backs and said,
"Drop your guns. Or be dead."
Lauren and Indy looked ahead and saw Juan's other henchmen bringing in Eric and Michael. Lauren groaned as Indy said, "Drop the gun, Lauren."
Juan looked at Lauren, "Listen to the old man, sweetheart."
"Don't call me sweetheart!" as she aimed the gun at him and Petr stuck her from behind with the butt of the gun. She collapsed to the floor as Juan laughed and said,
"Take them to the back. We shall prepare them for the sacrifice."

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]