28-29

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Deirdre from proxy1.cbu.skyinet.net on July 13, 1999 at 06:17:58:

In Reply to: Chapter 28 of the Aztec Spear posted by Tessa on July 12, 1999 at 18:40:54:

-----
Cont. Chapter 28

Her head was throbbing and it hurt like hell too. The last time she had felt this terrible had been after Senior Prom, when she'd had a scotch too many. Christ! Someone get me an aspiring! Groaning she tried touching her head, but her hands were bound. Her eyes flew open and slowly she took in her surrroundings.

It was dim in the cave. The constant sound of dripping water resonated through the rocky walls. A torch was flickering near a low-point in the ceiling, while mystic light shone from two brass bowls on either side of her. She was bound upright unto a sort of cross, and as she looked down, she noticed that someone had garbed her in a white muslin dress... which reminded her of her grandmother's nightgown. "What the--"

She wasn't alone in the cave. Two hooded figures were squatting nearby in the shadows, holding long spears.

The spear! Where was it? With Juan of course... what was his plan? Why was she here tied to this thing?! Where was her family? Dead? Something inside her told her that they weren't. And Anthony...

A silent tear slid down her cheek. This was definitely not time to get sentimental. But she just couldn't help herself. They had had so many plans... they were going to visit Egypt, the Stonehenge... and so many other places! Whatever Juan was planning, it wasn't good.

She closed her eyes and tried concentrating as hard as possible on a way out of here. There had to be a way!

-----

Chapter 29

"How much longer?" Juan was anxiously walking around in circles in the other cave. Some priests were standing around. In a far corner, Indy and his sons, as well as Tony were lying, bound together by a rope. They stared at Juan and his men in silence, listening with contempt to their evil plan of using the spear to raise some old susperstitious powers.

"He's crazy." Mike whispered. "Does he really think that he will accompish raising some old god from the dead with that piece of metal?"

"Shh, Mike." his twin said calmly. Being the more subdued and responsible of the twins, he'd kept his calm. "He might be crazy but he has our sister. If we make one false move, she'll be a goner before we know it. Dad, don't you have any plan?!"

Indy blinked conspiratorily at his sons and motioned at his right boot. "Under the heel...there's a hidden compartment with a blade inside. One of you has to take it out."

Just then Juan strolled over to them, holding his cigar and grinning maliciously at them. "Well well well Mr. Jones, seems you got yourself in quite a predicament here. In a few hours when the sunsets, you and your family will be witness to a rare spectacle...and you will have the fortune of participating in it!"

"What have you done to Lauren?" Anthony hissed and kicked with his boot in Juan's direction missing him by an inch and bringing up only dust. "You even touch her and I'll kill you!"

Juan scoffed and rolled his eyes,"My my, how touching. Your little girlfriend will be the center of attraction in a few hours. I thought she might actually enjoy the limelight. She IS such a lovely girl; takes after her mother I pressume, eh Mr. Jones?"

Indy's eyes went into slits, he very well remembered how Juan had harrassed Kate years ago and how he had almost gotten away with it. The guys was a pig. If he ever got out of this alive, he swore to himself he was going to kill the son of a bitch himself!
-----------

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]