Re: Hat comparsion questions

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by red four from oak-ts1-h1-48-201.ispmodems.net on July 13, 1999 at 13:15:45:

In Reply to: Re: Hat comparsion questions posted by Todd on July 13, 1999 at 07:48:26:

I wear a Nostalgia as well, and it is a very nice hat. I got mine through the outlet store, and the low price was just icing on the cake. I actually have two, one I'm keeping new, and one I wear. The color on the one I use has faded quite a bit from the original Mink brown color, it looks alot more like the movie hats now.

Get a Nostalgia, you won't be disappointed. The color and size are close enough that you won't worry about it. I like mine!

Hope this helps,

John D

: The hats in the movies were artificially lightened with special effects during editing. My understanding is that they were actually more like the mink color of the Stetson you are considering. I struggled with what hat to get as well – I could justify $300+ for a leather jacket, but not a hat!

: I currently have a Stetson Nostalgia. I paid $25 through the Stetson Factory Outlet (see X Marks the Spot on this web site). They may be limited, as they tell me Stetson has discontinued the Nostalgia. I have found it locally in upscale hat shops for $95. Once formed, it looks great – the dimensions/look are perfect. At the price, I can also justify wearing it while working outside, etc, to get it “distressed”. I don’t know how the guys with the $300+ HJ hats can do that.

:
: : Hello again,

: : Well, here's my next "newbie" question
: : I have one of the cheapie Disney hats which I purchased in MGM studios when the IJ stunt spectacular opened, needless to say I was never really all that happy with the hat (too short, teardrop) and, as well all would, I too would love to pick up an HJ one day.
: : Until then I was wondering which hat would you guys reccomend to best replicate the RAIDERS look?
: : I'm leaning towards the Stetson Nostalgia but am open to suggestions (especially to people who own both an HJ and another version)
: : One question I've always wondered is about color. It's very difficult to get an accurate sense of the exact tones of the original Raiders hats. How do they compare to the Disney hat ?(since that is my current reference) To my eyes they seem lighter brown than the Disney.
: : Any specifics on models and color info would be much appreciated!

: : ".......whiskey?"
: : Regards
: : Tom

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: