OFFICIAL Indy 4 Announcement---COMING SOON!!!!

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by A FAN from spider-ta073.proxy.aol.com on July 13, 1999 at 20:47:55:

Hi Friends-

I am sure some of you have read the info concerning the conflict with the next Jack Ryan flick in the Calgary Herald. What Cinescape didn't tell you when they posted their info from the Calgary Herald is that producer of Sum of all Fears, Mace Neufeld, said that if Ford didn't like the second draft of FEARS (I can't imagine Ford liking anything this guy writes...Lost in Space....Practical Magic.....Batman and Robin) that Ford would do INDY 4 in its place. Dont' let the part that Ford has a contract to do a 4th Jack Ryan frighten you. His contract is with Paramount (Same as Indy films) not with producer Neufeld. Look at the facts, Paramount doesn't even want to do Sum of all Fears. They want to do Debt of Honor, which I don't believe there is even a first draft yet. So you know that want be next on Ford's slate. So what difference does it make with this 2nd draft by Akiva Goldman. With Paramount not wanting to do FEARS and Ford most likely not approving the 2nd draft of Sum of all Fears, you know that INDY 4 is next for Ford after What Lies Beneathe. To tell you the truth, I think this whole INDY 4 and Jack Ryan conflict was already settled a while ago or Mace Neufeld wouldn't have said what he said that Ford would do Indy 4 instead of Ryan if he didn't like the script for FEARS. Plus, Spielberg has said 2001 numerous times that INDY 4 would happen then. He wouldn't have said that if there was any conflict with the next Jack Ryan series. All 3 (Ford, Lucas, Spielberg) schedules are straightend out!! Trust me!! Whatever Rick McCallum has been saying lately about Indy 4 being made 2, 3, 4, 5, or even 6 years for now is just him having fun. Lucas was even quoted saying that him and Spielberg would definitely be talking about INDY 4 on their Hawaii vacation. I don't think they would even talk about it if it wasn't going to happen in a couple of years, not 6 years from now after Star Wars 3 which McCallum said a while back.
Here is my guess when the official announcement is coming: Lucasfilm will either announcement it within the next 3 months, or Ford will announce during his press junkett for Random Hearts or finally it will be announced on the new Indy Trilogy with the new interviews with Ford, Lucas and Spielberg.
Trust me folks..........Indy 4 will come out in 2001.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]