Re: Officers "Pinks" Trousers

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by red four from oak-ts1-h1-48-187.ispmodems.net on July 13, 1999 at 21:44:47:

In Reply to: Re: Officers "Pinks" Trousers posted by Forrestall on July 13, 1999 at 16:55:44:

: : Does anyone have a pair of these? How is the color? I've been wanting some, but can only find repros for about $130. May as well buy the Noel Howards for that money.

: : Is it worth looking for a pair of original WWII Pinks?

: : Please let me know,and Thanks,

: : John D

: Not really, officer's "Pinks" are not pleated and don't have flap pockets. Forrestall

Hi,
I knew the pants weren't pleated, but the pairs I've seen have flapped pockets. I have run into confusion while calling around about these, as it seems a lot of Dress uniforms had the "Pink" trousers, but different patterns. All the ones I've seen with flapped pockets are described as Army officers dress trousers. These were part of their "Pinks and Greens".

A while ago Jerry from What Price Glory was considering making the Indy pants. He kind of lost his thunder to Noel Howard, but he was going to do it because he could satisfy two markets. One with pleats for us Indyfans and one without for WWII guys. He was surprised how similar the two were when I showed him pictures of the Indy pants.

Anyway that's enough out of me,

John D

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: