Uh, I meant Chapter 33 (the End!)

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by The Man with the Hat from port174.maxc04.bignet.net on July 14, 1999 at 20:47:33:

In Reply to: Re: Indiana Jones and the Aztec Spear (Chapter 32) posted by The Man with the Hat on July 14, 1999 at 20:45:10:

: : Chapter 32
: : “Wait a minute,” Eric said, “What does Mom have to do with the sacrifice?”
: : “Care to explain, Dr. Jones?” Juan asked as Indy shook his head and Juan continued, “I didn’t want her to marry him. I wanted her to marry me.”
: : “She didn’t know you existed, senor,” Michael said.
: : Juan looked at him, grinned, and said, “She did know. I approached her when she was about 40 to invest in her company. After her first fiancé got killed, I tried to win her affection. She refused to give me a chance, saying she didn’t want to mix business with pleasure. Then I heard about you, Dr. Jones…”
: : Juan looked in the doorway and saw a hooded figure, holding a spear. He yelled, “Stupido, why aren’t you watching the girl?”
: : The figure looked at him hard, and started to turn around as Juan spoke back to his captives, “Now where was I…”
: : “You were about to release your prisoners, senor,” the hooded figure said.
: : Juan turned to the voice, looked hard, and said, “I am in charge.”
: : “No,” as the person removed the hood, “I am.”
: : They all looked in disbelief as they saw Lauren, as she took off the hood and robe. She pointed a gun at him as Juan asked,
: : “That’s impossible. How did you...?”
: : “Escape? It was pretty easy. Lucky for me, I pretended to be a boy and joined the boy scouts when I was little,” as she steadied the gun.
: : Juan grinned, then walked over to her, and said, “I’ve never seen the likes of you in a long time.”
: : “Thanks,” she quipped, “Now let them go.”
: : “If I refuse?”
: : Lauren took the spear from her pocket and said, “Or I’ll destroy this.”
: : “You wouldn’t do that,” Juan grinning as he heard someone coming down the hall.
: : “Try me,” as a pair of hands grabbed her from behind.
: : Lauren tried to flip the guy over but his strength was too much for her. The man grabbed the spear as Juan said, “Pretty little senorita. You’re mine now. Just like your mother should have been.”
: : Juan grabbed her by her hair and kissed her roughly on the mouth. Lauren bit the man’s lip as Juan yelled a bit and smacked her across the face. Blood oozed from her mouth as Juan said,
: : “You’re not so tough after all,” as he took the spear and aimed for her heart.

: Chapter 33

: Lauren closed her eyes waiting for the pain of the sharp point of the spear to pierce her heart.
: The feeling never came!
: She opened her eyes to see her father rolling on the floor with Juan, exchanging punches.
: Lauren went limp in the henchman's arms, giving her enough slack to wiggle herself free. She escaped the goon's clutching arms as she vaulted out of reach. The big guy came after her, snaring one of her ankles in his massive hand. The giant hoisted Lauren up until she was hanging upside down from his bulging arm. The girl stretched until a fist-sized rock was in her hand. With her last bit of energy, she lunged the rock into her captor's groin. The big guy's eyes bulged as he dropped Lauren in a heap.
: Lauren ran to her brother's and Anthony and tried to untie the ropes.
: "Juan must've been a boyscout," Lauren said. "If only we had something to cut the rope with."
: The spear whizzed by Lauren, sticking in the wall between her and Eric.
: Lauren grinned,"Service with a smile."

:
: Indy and Juan had fought until both had ended up outside. They were getting nearer and nearer a deadly cliff.
: Indy winced under another punch to his kidney. He flopped over on his side as Juan pounced on top of him. Indy could feel his breath slipping away as Juan tightened his grip around Indy's throat. Indy suddenly felt a weighty object strike his gut. He looked down and saw that the spearhead had fallen from Juan's pocket and was lying on Indy's stomach.
: It was Juan's turn to flop over as Indy gave him a solid right to the temple.
: Indy staggered to his feet, holding the Aztec spear in his hand. Juan saw it and ran at Indy, who held the spearhead like a knife.
: The tip sank deep into Juan's shoulder. The Mexican recoiled as he held his bloodied arm.
: "You want this?" Indy asked, holding up the spearhead for inspection. "Go get it!"
: Indy threw the spearhead over the edge of the cliff.
: "Noooooo!" Juan screamed as he followed the flying peice of metal. His hand captured it just as he realized that he had run out of terra firma.
: He screamed all the way down!

:
: Indy swaggered back to the doorway just as his children and Anthony were coming out.
: "Where's Juan?" Lauren asked, her gun drawn.
: "He's dead," Indy said, matter-of-factly.
: Lauren thought for a moment, then said, finally,"What do you suppose he wanted with me?"
: "Beats me," Indy said.
: "He told me," Anthony began," that he needed to sacrafice a virgin, because only the blood of a virgin would make the spear powerful. He could have only meant you."
: "Uh, Tony," Lauren said,"we really need to talk."
: Anthony started to speak when Indy said,"Well, what now?"
: "What do you mean?" Michael asked.
: "We've still got a day left in Mexico," Indy said. "What shall we do?"
: "You know, Dad," Eric said,"the longer I'm in Mexico, the more I miss home."
: Indy and company collected thier belongings and headed back to Mexico City. With any luck, they could be on thier way home by dark.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]