Idle Chatter

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Deirdre from 208.169.143.3 on July 15, 1999 at 06:17:03:

In the school canteen, a couple of teenage girls were crowded around the table next to mine. Since they were making so much noise and were talking excitedly in raves, as much as I tried, I couldn't help ovehearing bits and pieces of their conversation.

Said one girl(in a miniskirt and spaghetti straps): "I just can't seem to understand what all this FUZZ about Starwars is!"

"Well, have you watched it?" replied the girl sitting across from her.
"Yeah sure! But I still don't get the point..."
"Ewan McGregor is such a babe!" chimed in another airhead.
"I keep wondering where that guy...err... whatshisname-- from Indiana Jones?"
"Oh you mean Han Solo?"
"Was that his real name?"
"No."
"What then?"
"Harrison Ford." smart girl

"Oh yeah! THAT guy!" the brunette said enlightened,"Well, I was wondering where he is in that Starwars flick?"

"He wasn't even born yet," one smart-ass gal clarified. She seemed to be the only one at the table who had a clear idea about the whole Star Wars Saga. "You see,... the Star Wars film you are talking about (the one still showing in our theaters), is what happened before the actual Star Wars."

Open-mouthed and totally confused the rest of the girls stared at her dumb-foundedly. "Whatta ya mean?!"

"It's like this..."she explained, revelling in the lime-light, "What you saw before, the old Star Wars with Harrison Ford and Princess Leia in it, that was like Episode 4,5&6! This one is Episode 1 and explains what supposedly happened years before. There's still Episode 2 & 3 which are still in the making."

"Ooooh...."
"So, THAT's why!"
"Gee... I KNEW THAT!" the brunette said haughtily."That little kid, Skyskraper--"
"Skywalker!"
"Skywalker, when he grows up, he gets to save their galaxy right?"
"Yeah something like that. Hey good guess! How'd ya know that?"

Shrugs, and retorts,"I just know. So he grows up and later on marries Princess Leia right?"

"Nooo! You ot it all wrong!"
"No?"

"That kid Anakin, is Leia and Luke's father."
"Eh? I thought THAT WAS Luke!"
"No, that's Darth Vader."
"Darth who?"
"You know... that funny guy in black with that funny mask?"
"THAT is---? Noooooo!" Disbelieving eyes stare at her.

"Yes!" When Anakin grows up he gets to marry Queen Amidala and they have 2 kids, which are Luke and Leia."

"So you mean to say that Anakin is Darth Vader?!"
"Yeah."
"Sure?"
"Positive."
"Gee... I didn't know that."

Respectable silence.

Then another girl, who'd silently been listening intently to their heated discussion, thoughtfully put her head on her hand and asked:

"Hmmm...I wonder in which episode that weird guy, with those small eyes and those huge ears, comes in... What was his name again? Spoock?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: