Re: I've always wondered...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by sajnu from host-209-214-180-50.cae.bellsouth.net on July 15, 1999 at 17:00:35:

In Reply to: I've always wondered... posted by J on July 15, 1999 at 09:08:30:

Temple was set before Raiders so that Indy could have new villians to fight, since Lucas and Spielberg wanted to keep the film separate from Raiders. If it had been set after the events in Raiders, it would have been occuring at a time when Nazi Germany was a very strong force in the world, and many involved felt that their absence would have been questioned. I had always wondered about this too, and found this answer in a book a few years ago, (I don't remember which, but I think it was one on George Lucas).
: Also, (and I'll just say in advance that I'm being very picky here) having "Temple Of Doom" take place a year earlier even contradicts one scene late in the movie. Look at the part where the guy walks towards Indy, takes out a sword and starts doing all those fancy moves. Indy, looking like he's seen this all before, reaches for his gun, only to find out that it isn't there. This was obviously a joke about the famous scene in "Raiders Of The Lost Ark", where Indy just pulls out his gun and shoots a similar swordsman. The problem is that if it is a year before "Raiders...", the scene this was meant to make reference to hadn't happened yet.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]