Re: Marion, the Nazis and magic...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by ROB T. from 162.10.138.28 on July 15, 1999 at 22:27:33:

In Reply to: Re: I've always wondered... posted by Skipmeister Jones on July 15, 1999 at 10:48:22:

I think it was a mistake to set "Temple of Doom" before "Raiders." I can understand their reasons but I don't think it was necessary.
They didn't need to explain away the Nazis since "Temple" is set out in the middle of the jungle. Indy isn't on a government mission this time, he's lost in the wilderness. "Temple" takes place far away from civilization and the Nazis' absence is understandable. I don't think anyone in the audience would have questioned it.
They didn't really have to explain Marion's absence either. In action films the girl from one movie always disappears before the next. We don't question Marion's absence from "Last Crusade." Or Willie's absence from "Raiders."
Considering how he treated Marion (and we've gone all through that here) I'm not surprised that it didn't last for them.

As far as how the timeline difference affects "Raiders" I agree that it makes Indy seem foolish that he would dismiss the power of the Ark after seeing the power of the Sankara stones.

Incidentally, when Indy says to Marcus, "You sound like my mother." Didn't Indy's mom die when Indy was very young?

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]