Indiana Jones Episode 4: My Top-Ten Wish List

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Galacter Tiga from ts006d45.las-nv.concentric.net on July 16, 1999 at 04:30:57:

1. Set in late 50's or early 60's - match Harry's age for once, since it's unquestionably the last film to feature him. Since the timeline goes w/ the setting make it an all-American adventure - set Indy across and limited to the US. The 50's are dominantly the Golden Age of The USA, so doing so would make plenty of sense.

2. Use a clever flashback story to set up more films starring Sean Patrick Flanery as Indiana Jones (young or not!)

3. A cameo for Short Round (of course only with John Quan) as an adult. Just to show that his life turned out OKAY.

4. Roy Scheider as Indy's new museum patron. I've always wanted to see Roy and Harry together, and Indy movie would be perfect (or Lucas could finance a whole new theatrical adaption of 'The Most Dangerous Game'with Roy as the aged Hunter and Harry as the hero).

5. Sean Connery? Only in a cameo or small role.

6. A family life for Indy.

7. No biblical-related artifacts, please. Been done to death in Indy stuff. May wanna stay away from a treasure-hunt theme all together, find a fresh way to make an archeological adventure story (i.e. Martin Caidin's The Sky Pirates).

8. No need to do Marion or Willie or Sallah.

9. Mark Hammill as a bad guy, or even a shady pal. That would just be plain cool!

10. At least one period song on the soundtrack from The Mighty Mighty Bosstones - just plain perfect for an Indy movie in the 50's (if you don't believe me, swallow this: Dicky Barrett, MMB's lead singer, just landed the lead role of Bill Haley in an ABC mini-series geared for November!

Wow, should I be in charge of this production or what?

Too bad my writing career hasn't started yet!

G

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]