Re: Another poll... I think no 1 scene can cover it.

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by the Fiddler from www.sd131.k12.id.us on July 16, 1999 at 07:24:56:

In Reply to: Re: Another poll... posted by Willie (I'm not that kinda girl) on July 16, 1999 at 04:35:33:

Indy evolves throughout the movies in the first (chronologicaly) he is only interested in "fortune and glory." Then as that movie progresses he learns there are other things in life than "fortune and glory," things like serving one's fellow-man. Something that can make one more satisfied in one's self than any form of fortune and glory. In Raiders this change has pretty much taken place, but the idea of adventure still appeals very much to him, plus he wants to serve his country. When we get to Last Crusade, eventhough he does not enjoy his teaching very much, he still does not seek the adventure as he does in Raiders. He has now developed beyond that, only doing what needs to be done for both selfish and unselfish reasons (not to say he is selfish, just the normal selfishness that resides in all of us, motivates us, etc.).

Because of this development there (probably) can't be one scene that (alone) defines Indy as a person. Maybe I'm wrong, but these are my feelings on the subject.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]